5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 12" Uconnect Software Version 19.33.11? New Update 19.43.1a

cjmst23

Reaction score
OK, not bragging or trying to rub it in... But my 12.1 and NAV work exactly as advertised. No problems for 14 months, 17k miles. Just stating this to give others hope and to indict FCA and uconnect for being a mess.

It's hardware and software.... Should be able to achieve a level of consistency. Same hw with same version of sw installed should provide everyone the same experience.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Do most of you guys actually use the factory NAV? I always use my phone, as it stays updated from my experience, unlike in-car/truck NAV.

Last edited:

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Do most of you guys actially use the factory NAV? I always use my phone, as it stays updated from my experience, unlike in-car/truck NAV.

I use it preferred over CarPlay nav I think in terms of map and directions display it’s far superior. Also displaying directions in the instrument cluster imho is very useful. In terms of being up to date the destination search is indeed a P.O.S. The uconnect app uses google maps for address search so that’s a good workaround (but can’t be the excuse to not fix the search). But routing and streets I found it to be very close to google and Apple. I think I haven’t found a street that has not been on the uconnect nav unless spanking brand new. We have a house in a very new neighborhood in rural Michigan and it routes you there just fine... just don’t search for the address on the nav...

This is why I can’t stand the just use CarPlay excuse because I believe the map display is ****... I’d take my 2015 x5 map display over CarPlay displaying maps on phones vs on car Navi’s isn’t just the same. It’s useful at times but it does not just replace proper car nav systems...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would use the factory NAV when they have Waze at their option. The police alerts alone dictate this.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Not sure why anyone would use the factory NAV when they have Waze at their option. The police alerts alone dictate this.

Because
a) the alerts are 95% outdated and
b) the map display on waze is worse than google or Apple (if I want to read a comic book I’ll do that at home on the couch)
c) I get annoyed about the police or stopped vehicle alerts that turn out to be nothing...
d) just drive as you are supposed to and you won’t need to worry a thing about the cops, speeding is not as cool as you might think...

it may be better in areas like the SF bay where they have plenty of people providing data (btw to google) but outside major metropolitan areas by the time you get to a place where someone hours ago said there were cops they are long gone...

johnhud

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Because
a) the alerts are 95% outdated and
b) the map display on waze is worse than google or Apple (if I want to read a comic book I’ll do that at home on the couch)
c) I get annoyed about the police or stopped vehicle alerts that turn out to be nothing...
d) just drive as you are supposed to and you won’t need to worry a thing about the cops, speeding is not as cool as you might think...

it may be better in areas like the SF bay where they have plenty of people providing data (btw to google) but outside major metropolitan areas by the time you get to a place where someone hours ago said there were cops they are long gone...

a) 95% is a gross misstatement IMHO. I've found it to be around 25% at most
b) subjective I guess but it looks about the same to me...most likely customization to how you want
c) you can go into settings and choose what you get alerted to...I only have it alert me to police and road hazards
d) if you do not speed then I hope you are not in the left lane....and even then you have to be among the 1%

It is definitely better the more people that use it as that is the way it is designed. Not sure where you live as it is not in your sig/details but I live in a city of 100K and it works pretty well and is an absolute must on the interstates no matter where you go.

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
I’m right there with you on getting an attorney. Mine is actually rebooting every 3.5 to 4 mins. GPS location is completely off from my current location. Heat cycles off and on. Told there will be an update soon. Hahahaha. I bought the truck with a working screen.
This experience has been terrible. I will be sure to bad mouth Ram/Chrysler to anyone I know. I’m done. The worst experience ever with service. Getting rid of my F-150 was my biggest mistake. Blinded by that 12 inch screen and the interior.
Adding an update, dealer installed a new battery this time it was apparently shot, as far as my Uconnect/screen they ordered a new screen as per Star, should be in, in 2 or 3 days he said. Now the laughable part they are actually telling me there is a possibility that they iPhone 11 Pro I’m using could have possibly caused this. Are you kidding me, this cracks me up! If something is Bluetooth 3.0/4.0 compatible how could that cause an issue like that? Not only that but obviously they are covering everything (which they should it’s a brand new truck) which says to me they know there truck is the faulty problem.

djjr50

Reaction score

the autoplay on USB device connected/BT device connected can be disabled in the menu so it doesn't start playing whatever audiobook I was listening to as soon as I get in the truck.
This last part is what I am having troubles with. Can you point me to where you can disable this? Keeps playing my audio book EVEN when the radio is on.

derp

Reaction score
This last part is what I am having troubles with. Can you point me to where you can disable this? Keeps playing my audio book EVEN when the radio is on.
I would love to.

When my truck is back from warranty repair.

Newtododge

Reaction score
I purchased a 2020 Ram limited 3 months ago. Shortly after I bought it I went to use the NAV system on the 12" screen and it froze up every few min for about 3 or 4 min . On and off kept freezing and coming back. Needless to say it makes the NAV system useless. I also noticed the phone drops every call after about 5 or 6 min of talking. I brought it to the dealer 4 times over the last few months and they could not fix the problem. Finally they told me there is a software update due out and I just have to wait. so I have a usless NAV system and I drop every bluetooth call after a few min and there is no fix yet - just waiting. I bought this truck in large part due to the screen and I wanted to use the NAV system a lot instead of my phone! Very disappointed in this system and RAM - I will give it a couple weeks and then I contacting a warrenty attorney -enlosed is a video I took of my system and exactly what it does (or does not do!)
Don't wait. Get an attorney. It's a long process with fca. Also fca isn't in a hurry to get the problems fixed either

Dannuts79

Reaction score
I’m right there with you on getting an attorney. Mine is actually rebooting every 3.5 to 4 mins. GPS location is completely off from my current location. Heat cycles off and on. Told there will be an update soon. Hahahaha. I bought the truck with a working screen.
This experience has been terrible. I will be sure to bad mouth Ram/Chrysler to anyone I know. I’m done. The worst experience ever with service. Getting rid of my F-150 was my biggest mistake. Blinded by that 12 inch screen and the interior.
I have a 2019 Laramie Longhorn that I purchased new in July that has the 12" screen and mine just started doing the exact same a few days ago except for the heat on and off like with yours. My Uconnect reboots every 3 to 4 minutes and my Navigation shows me driving across BFE as well as the GPS shows no connections at all. My Uconnect app doesn't seem to be connecting to the truck. I'm going to call and make an appointment with my local dealership. Anyone know of a fix yet?

CLZplusJr

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie Longhorn that I purchased new in July that has the 12" screen and mine just started doing the exact same a few days ago except for the heat on and off like with yours. My Uconnect reboots every 3 to 4 minutes and my Navigation shows me driving across BFE as well as the GPS shows no connections at all. My Uconnect app doesn't seem to be connecting to the truck. I'm going to call and make an appointment with my local dealership. Anyone know of a fix yet?
My fix was them replacing the radio unit not the actual screen, took awhile for Star to actually admit that it needed a new unit. My battery started dying after awhile so be careful. It took over a month to get this all situated and I’ve had my truck back since the 16 of January and knock on wood, so far so good.

supercanadian

Reaction score
My truck build date of dec 27 2019 was pushed an update today not sure if this is right

Not sure how to find the version lol

58e11757a4cd6c7255577ebeae15c564.jpg

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck build date of dec 27 2019 was pushed an update today not sure if this is right

Not sure how to find the version lol

58e11757a4cd6c7255577ebeae15c564.jpg

Press and hold the 2 outer soft keys at the bottom, in example pic the media and backup cam. This will bring up several pages of info. Take of pic of the screen in my pic. If has the necessary version info and will tell us if it's new or older version they just pushed to you.

76c9de8b575acc05954d865602562dbc.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

supercanadian

Reaction score
Here is my version that said was updated today at random while I was parked waiting for my son at his school.
f59a35652dca1c191802a9e5f1e2e4a2.jpg

supercanadian

Reaction score
One thing i noticed today that might be new for me or atleast did not before is when i switch into reverse then into drive the front camera now comes on the screen until i get up to speed. It never did that before.

Users who are viewing this thread