5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Some Help Please

Sfalcon

Reaction score
Hey Guys- have a laramie night edition with 3.92/ORG/6'4 bed coming any day now hopefully. Looking to buy a leveling kit and rims and tires soon before the truck even gets here. I've searched a bunch and will be going with either eibach or bilsteins and new control arms. I'll replace the shocks in the rear as well. My question is with the offroad group, is leveling the front only 1.8" enough to fit some 20x10 -18 rims on 35x12.5, or do I need to use the readylift kit to go up more in the front and then add a spacer in the rear? Can you even do that with the ORG? I'd like to get as much height as possible without going full lift kit or without screwing something up. I also would like 1/2"-1" rake still in the truck since it seems like when they are truly level they actually look a little nose high. Thanks!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to have 1" rake still, then the 1.5" is about as high in front as you can go without also having to lift the rear. But you can fit 35" tires on the front with just the front level. I did the Bilstien 5100 front level using circlip 4 and then added Zone Off-road UCAs because I got them for a killer deal. Don't need UCAs with just a level. Once I added the UCAs, they gave me an additional 1/2" lift in front which put the truck perfectly level and I didn't like the look. Ended up adding some cheap 1" spring seat spacers in the rear to get a little rake back. This is my Built to Serve with ORG and 34" tires with the lift I listed above. PXL_20220828_170144912.MP.jpg

Sfalcon

Reaction score
That looks awesome man.. thanks for the help! I love the wheels that come on those BTS also.

Ruger

Reaction score
I’m looking to do the exact same thing once my truck arrives it’s the same setup as Sfalcon. I was thinking of going with the blistien and new UCA.
HSKR did your ride quality change with your current set up or is it just as good as stock.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m looking to do the exact same thing once my truck arrives it’s the same setup as Sfalcon. I was thinking of going with the blistien and new UCA.
HSKR did your ride quality change with your current set up or is it just as good as stock.
Just as good as stock. I will eventually replace the rear shocks just to be safe, but right now still have factory shocks on rear

Ruger

Reaction score
Great thanks for the reply. I’m going to go with the same set up. Do you have any recommendations on UCA or are they all about the same as long as you go with a decent brand

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great thanks for the reply. I’m going to go with the same set up. Do you have any recommendations on UCA or are they all about the same as long as you go with a decent brand
I went with Zone because I found them BNIB locally in Facebook marketplace for less than half the price of new.

Personally, I'd go with whatever you like the looks of. Probably stay away from the Mopar ones, and Rough Country as well. I really liked the JBA ones they sell because the ball joints were bolted on, not pressed in for easier replacement. And would have bought those if I didn't find the deal on the Zone Off-road ones. Not all aftermarket UCAs will add to the list.

Ruger

Reaction score
I went with Zone because I found them BNIB locally in Facebook marketplace for less than half the price of new.

Personally, I'd go with whatever you like the looks of. Probably stay away from the Mopar ones, and Rough Country as well. I really liked the JBA ones they sell because the ball joints were bolted on, not pressed in for easier replacement. And would have bought those if I didn't find the deal on the Zone Off-road ones. Not all aftermarket UCAs will add to the list.
HSKR, I’ve been searching around and think the best set up for me will be the JBA upper control arms and the bilstien 5100. I would like to run 35s and a slight rake is fine. What size tires and wheels are you running? Are you running spacers if so what size. If not what’s your wheel offset?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HSKR, I’ve been searching around and think the best set up for me will be the JBA upper control arms and the bilstien 5100. I would like to run 35s and a slight rake is fine. What size tires and wheels are you running? Are you running spacers if so what size. If not what’s your wheel offset?
I am running 275/65/20 which is a "34" tire, even though it doesn't actually measure out to 34 inches. More like 33.5. I have 3/4" front, 1" rear spacers, but I ly because I wanted the sidewalls flush with the fender flares, not because I needed the clearance. My next set will be 35x12.50-20

Users who are viewing this thread