5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help What Color?

brawler1588

Reaction score
So I am going to get my front bumper and rear bumper wrapped to get the chrome gone, I plasti dipped the badged and the door handles and got black wheel skins for my stock rims. Should I go with a matte/flat black, a bit of a shine, or try and color match with the body a little, I have the black ram letters and replaced the top piece that was chrome with the textured black one, should I do the grill too and if so what color. Thanks for the input
1b02123a7b185c459a95abab9e244cdf.jpg
0143957630c480c09533f541dbfd54b7.jpg
c92e3cf197a2ef65c9fbe617fb5bb467.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would probably opt for color match on the bumpers and the grill I’d go for a satin black. How are you liking your wheel skins, they look pretty good at least in the pics. Looking forward to seeing your updated pics after the wrap.

brawler1588

Reaction score
I would probably opt for color match on the bumpers and the grill I’d go for a satin black. How are you liking your wheel skins, they look pretty good at least in the pics. Looking forward to seeing your updated pics after the wrap.
They are great for $90 changed the look the way I wanted. There is a slight lip where you see the rim behind it but everyone has said they thought they were rims. I was only thinking black bumpers to be different you can get the color match on sport.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Either way black or color match it’ll be a huge improvement over the chrome.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Yeah just not sure if I do the grill too maybe i should have kept the ram letters chrome.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah just not sure if I do the grill too maybe i should have kept the ram letters chrome.

Unless it affects pricing why not do the bumpers and see how it looks before doing the grill. I love the black RAM in the grill.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Yeah I'm I going to do bumpers first need some funds and I will get them done.

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
Black out the bumpers. Truly think they’ll look better than color matched although color match wouldn’t be too bad. Just saying black because your emblems and wheels will look good all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brawler1588

Reaction score
Black out the bumpers. Truly think they’ll look better than color matched although color match wouldn’t be too bad. Just saying black because your emblems and wheels will look good all together

Thanks that's what I was leaning towards since it's not really seen, color matched is common. Would you keep the grill chrome for now and see what it looks like after the bumpers are done, and more or a flat/matte color or what?

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
Too be honest that chrome piece don’t look bad. But who knows. After you black it all out and I think u will wanna black it out. But you do you!

brawler1588

Reaction score
I will see and start with the bumpers first.

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
I will see and start with the bumpers first.

Yeah gotcha and for color you could do whatever you wanted. Glossy or matte or even satin. You going to try the plasti dip for bumpers?

brawler1588

Reaction score
Yeah gotcha and for color you could do whatever you wanted. Glossy or matte or even satin. You going to try the plasti dip for bumpers?

Think I will have them vinyl wrapped got a quote to front and rear for $400

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
Think I will have them vinyl wrapped got a quote to front and rear for $400

Not too shabby for only 400! Hopefully I can find something around that price

brawler1588

Reaction score
Not too shabby for only 400! Hopefully I can find something around that price

Average was $300 each, we also have the same birthday but I'm 1988

Lize

Reaction score
Its your personal choice but I understand its good to ask opinions before spending the cash. Personally I would go black bumpers and match the finish to the wheels, that would tie it all in and look good. Bit difficult to see in photo, think wheels look satin or gloss (they look good)? If plastic-dip then looks too matt use some glossifier to make that shinier, there would be enough gap for it not to be exact and look good. Also I suspect a paint coloured matched wrap would be very difficult to achieve and always look slightly wrong.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Its your personal choice but I understand its good to ask opinions before spending the cash. Personally I would go black bumpers and match the finish to the wheels, that would tie it all in and look good. Bit difficult to see in photo, think wheels look satin or gloss (they look good)? If plastic-dip then looks too matt use some glossifier to make that shinier, there would be enough gap for it not to be exact and look good. Also I suspect a paint coloured matched wrap would be very difficult to achieve and always look slightly wrong.
The wheels are cover basically hub caps for rims $90 saved me a few thousand for now.

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
Indeed! Could get away with telling people they’re real and looks like your birthdays in January tho right? Mine is May!

Oops meant to send to brawler

Users who are viewing this thread