5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help!! sirus radio error

moparleo51

Reaction score
okay so the other day may sirus radio wont tune on . so i shut it off and turned the radio back on but nothing changed. then a few days later i went somewhere and it was on and working fine. yes my subscription hasnt expired i have until feb of 2023. just renewed. the again today its giving me the seem screem problem (pic below) i did the rest per ram and uconnect. and still says i need to do this. does this mean i really have to take it to the dealer? thanks leo.

Attachments

• 20220205_161143.jpg
    20220205_161143.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 54

moparleo51

Reaction score
okay so the other day may sirus radio wont tune on . so i shut it off and turned the radio back on but nothing changed. then a few days later i went somewhere and it was on and working fine. yes my subscription hasnt expired i have until feb of 2023. just renewed. the again today its giving me the seem screem problem (pic below) i did the rest per ram and uconnect. and still says i need to do this. does this mean i really have to take it to the dealer? thanks leo.
also theres nothing in the way on my antenna, i checked .

Gex2501

Reaction score
So you did the hold down power and tune buttons for 10 seconds? I have found sometimes it takes a few resets. You could try disconnecting your battery over night but that might be overkill. Otherwise yeah, I think you gotta go to the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moparleo51

Reaction score
So you did the hold down power and tune buttons for 10 seconds? I have found sometimes it takes a few resets. You could try disconnecting your battery over night but that might be overkill. Otherwise yeah, I think you gotta go to the dealership.

yeah i did that 3 times to make sure, and from what i hear disconnecting the battery can make things worse.

Gex2501

Reaction score
yeah i did that 3 times to make sure, and from what i hear disconnecting the battery can make things worse.

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend disconnecting the battery but if you’re desperate… *shrug*

Also, I’ve had to do the reset as many as 15 times and then wait a day and did it a few more before things fixed themselves.

Good luck!

moparleo51

Reaction score
Well to the truck in and they found codes. And then I took it back to get it checked out. They just did a hard reset and set the radios parameters, and said its working fi e now. Worked going home. Next morning same damn thing. Took it back and they are now ordering a new antenna. So will see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

moparleo51

Reaction score
just a update, a few weeks ago they had taken the truck in again and kept it for a day, they contacted S.T.A.R.S. after back in forth talking they came to the conclusion to swap out the the head unit(12 inch u connect). after waiting for a week to get the radio in. they called me on Monday to replace, said it should only take an hour. well as of today i have a rental and my truck still isn't fixed and has the same error codes again, so they now are in the process of tracing down the antenna wire itself. so my headliner and some other things have to be all removed. just sucks that this happens. i hate to say it they don't seem in a rush to fix it.

LV426

Reaction score
Just so I can keep track of Uconnect 12 issue's, how does a battery disconnect make things worse in this case? (not busting balls, I'm generally curious).

moparleo51

Reaction score
Okay. They now have had my truck for a week. And they are still trying to figure it out. As of now they replaced the radio and the antenna, and now have been tracing and testing the antenna wire from the antenna to the radio by removing my headliner. And are still communicating with STARS . So whyvis tjis that hard to figure out? Any ideas. I hate having to keep calling the dealer ,as they don't ever call me with a update. Seems like they aren't in a rush. That's tje feeling I get. In the past there's was quick communication. The dealer I'm working with is the same one I've been going to for years. .

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

moparleo51

Reaction score
ok, so now into 3 plus weeks in the shop and they are still not close to a resolution, i contacted ram cares, they called me back today and pretty much are no help. the dealer did call me today and said something about a connector in the dash area that it may be the problem per what s.t.ar.s. said today. they said that this connector is a common issue. so will have to wait and see .

moparleo51

Reaction score
so still no go, they said they have 2 techs now looking into what to do next, i have since then requested a buyback for ram, they said they will get back with me in 2 to 3 days. not wanting to really get rid of my ram but at this point i`m not sold on how they handle there problems to the customers like us.

LS-RR

Reaction score
What a pain. Hope they get it resolved soon.

moparleo51

Reaction score
finally after almost 6weeks i have my truck back, after all the replacing of things, it was the wire from the radio to the back that runs under the door to antenna, they had to partially remove the dash to get this wire. now i`m just waiting on ram cares to get back with me on a compensation deal they said they would do, will see.

LV426

Reaction score
Glade you got it back, I'm sure there was a lot involved ripping it all out and putting it back. Go over it all and verify its all in one piece, no creaks or parts put back half assed should be acceptable. I hope they hook you up for all the BS....

moparleo51

Reaction score
thanks, i started looking at every panel , and also before the tech removed part of the dash i asked him if he has done this removal of the dash before as i told him my concerns about the little squeaks and such. he assured me that it will be put back as it should, and he does have 30 years of experience. i did find 2 things and they are addressing them, they scratched 2 pieces , and have ordered them already. but overall so good. time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread