5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neat adaptive headlights

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just noticed (1st night drive, only 800 miles on the truck) the swiveling (15 degrees apparently) headlights. Very cool. At first I thought the car behind me was flashing his brights on the twisty uphill street but soon realized it was happening with my steering inputs. Googled it and read what FCA did. “1st use of adaptive lights on a pickup.”
Bravo FCA engineers!

Now theres another reason to buy a factory extended warranty...if it covers lights...

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
The automatic high beams and auto wipers are pretty neat too!
Just over a grand on my new truck.
You are 120 ish ahead of us. Had it a month and only have 890 miles... bur then its hers...

compman72

Reaction score
I have the halogen headlights with fog lights and if the fog lights are off and I am making a turn to the left and once I reach 25 MPH the left fog light turns on. Same goes for the right turns as well. Its a neat feature for lighting the path.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I have the halogen headlights with fog lights and if the fog lights are off and I am making a turn to the left and once I reach 25 MPH the left fog light turns on. Same goes for the right turns as well. Its a neat feature for lighting the path.
Sure is!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Works with the LEDs, too. However, I have my fogs programmed to come on with the headlights at all times, so I don’t take advantage of that feature.

Ramses

Reaction score
Works with the LEDs, too. However, I have my fogs programmed to come on with the headlights at all times, so I don’t take advantage of that feature.

What did you use to program that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed (1st night drive, only 800 miles on the truck) the swiveling (15 degrees apparently) headlights. Very cool. At first I thought the car behind me was flashing his brights on the twisty uphill street but soon realized it was happening with my steering inputs. Googled it and read what FCA did. “1st use of adaptive lights on a pickup.”
Bravo FCA engineers!

Now theres another reason to buy a factory extended warranty...if it covers lights...
You need to try the adaptive cruise control, it pretty neat as well

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What did you use to program that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s just one of the many seat memory settings, I believe. When I brought home the truck last year, I turned them on with my headlights, saved my “Memory 1” on the door, and they’ve come on with my headlights ever since.

Either that or they just remember “last known setting”. I haven’t tested this.

Users who are viewing this thread