5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation update, anyone try it yet? (2021 Map Update for Uconnect® 4C NAV w/ 12" touchscreen (v3 SBX): For U.S. Only)

LV426

Reaction score
So has anyone had any success installing this Navigation update? Starting this thread to kind of keep track and see how it goes.
I assume most will pass because they are making us pay for it ($149) and I believe mostly everyone uses Waze/google maps which is better, more reliable and FREE...+

Also, did anyone get an update that this was available? Its hard to imagine that they would not provide some sort of communication that something like this is available but Uconnect seems like the Radio Shack of vehicle infotainment so I guess I'm not surprised.

Attachments

• nav update.JPG
    nav update.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

Matrixx4

Reaction score
Just got 3 weeks since i got my Ram 1500, find out that i need this update. Try'n service to do it for free.
Everything supposed to be Up to Day. i think. will see.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I updated my maps this weekend with the new update and it also came with a software update to 21.32.14. The map update is now showing my home and other POIs in my area that are new within the last couple of years. Seems a little snappier and voice recognition is better. I'll update if I see any issues.
What year and quarter are the maps dated?

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, it will be interesting to see if that new software will start sending Vehicle Health reports. My '20 software version is the same as yours was.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, the update went smooth even with my HiBreed radio. After getting all the codes needed, Product Serial Number, Activation Request Code and Activation Code, install was easy.
First, you need to upgrade the radio software and then the map update. All in all about 50 min. Everything works just fine, but I noticed a new feature, at least I think, there is a new menu for auto lock door on exit. Turned it on but no auto lock, need to check in the BCM to turn it on, we'll see.

auto lock.jpg

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion, didn't had my glasses on, I think. It is Auto Unlock On Exit. So much for auto lock on exit, by bad.:(

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So firmware updates are not free and you have to buy the nav update to get it?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Was the firmware downloaded from Uconnect as part of the Map? Seems odd, there should be a way to get that without the map.
I might need to call them.
If you do call them, can you let me know what they say? The last time I called Ram connect, it was such a painful experience and I don’t want to call them back.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just went through the procedure to buy the update right up to where you press "Buy" and even though my version is 20.04.19 like 19LaramieSport's was, after entering my Application version it took me directly to the page to buy the map so apparently I don't need a firmware update. But I'm going to wait until it goes on sale in the summer.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it's total b.s. that they don't keep it "updated" for at least the first 3 years.
When we bought a 2014 Kia, it had Nav and I said I didnt want it but the dealer said free lifetime maps so I took it. The first time I went in for an update they told me that Kia had changed their policy and no free maps. I bought my next Kia from someone else but it goes to show you that they're all the same. Maps must be a money maker like Extended Warranties.

LV426

Reaction score
Okay, so in order for the Maps to be updated they require a firmware update, but they are not requiring a firmware update under normal circumstances (in its current state)
So I just went through the procedure to buy the update right up to where you press "Buy" and even though my version is 20.04.19 like 19LaramieSport's was, after entering my Application version it took me directly to the page to buy the map so apparently I don't need a firmware update. But I'm going to wait until it goes on sale in the summer.
Looks like more confusion or misinformation from them, it says right on the page:
"The Software Update must be installed prior to the Map Update. "

I have a 2020 also, its allowing me to go all the way to "place order" with nothing stating no need for firmware.

Attachments

• dd.JPG
    dd.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread