5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation Unreliable

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have always had problems with my 8.4 navigation system. It puts me on local roads (all the correct boxes are checked) when highways are available. It has even taken me off the highway, put me on local streets and back on the highway.
The other day it out did itself with my destination (NY side of Bayonne Bridge) while in Bayonne minutes from the bridge. It continued to direct me to turn away from the Bayonne Bridge and take the Goethals Bridge, which I wasn't taking. Only added another 30 minutes to my travel time.

I have Waze and my motorcycle Garmin Nav to keep me on track, Android Auto no longer works on my old/outdated phone.
Not complaining just another WTF moment with the Ram nav system.

Attachments

• Ram Nav.pdf
    211.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have never been a fan of the RAM nav and have used the google maps from my phone (through Android Auto) since almost day 1 with the truck. Sounds like it may be time to get a new phone if Android Auto no longer works on yours.

Users who are viewing this thread