5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation not talking to me anymore....

DJR2019RAM

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with the Navigation not actually giving voice guidance. The vehicle went in to the dealer who reportedly performed the latest TSB 08-009-19 but it doesn't look like anything changed on the SW levels (have before and after pics). I've toggled the settings in the menu options but I don't even get the "follow the highlighted route" introduction anymore. Open to suggestions right now.... might have to resort to CarPlay, at least my iPhone talks to me.

Kneddings

Reaction score
I had this issue too. I realized that somehow the navigation voice command volume had been turned down to 2. I could tell it was trying to issue the command because the radio would lower in volume on driver side. Once I raised volume up to around 13 I was able to hear voice commands again.

DJR2019RAM

Reaction score
I had this issue too. I realized that somehow the navigation voice command volume had been turned down to 2. I could tell it was trying to issue the command because the radio would lower in volume on driver side. Once I raised volume up to around 13 I was able to hear voice commands again.
Thanks - I have the volume of the Nav set to 24 and not a peep. I checked that CarPlay works - that issues the commands as expected, just the native Navigation - I also don't get the logic behind the check marks filled/not filled - to me a box with an X would be clearer. Right now I get the turn by turn in the instrument cluster but no dip in other volume (which I could understand) - despite dealer claims of updating the SW it is still running SBX-20.12.0-20180429.

DJR2019RAM

Reaction score
OK back from the third trip to the dealer - this time I had an FCA Case number which I made sure they were aware of. Long and short of this saga is that the previous two visits had not resulted in the SW being updated. It certainly has been now and what a difference. The issue with the navigation audio was apparently some calibration issue - now it is working and plenty loud. This also resolved an issue where my text messages were not being read. While driving home I was listening to the XM and the audio quality definitely seemed better. Looks like they updated the XM part (HD tuner) and the equalizer. Now all working as intended. So the moral of the story is patience and perseverance (and don't be afraid of calling Ram Cares)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/