5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nav Guidance voice volume

Dietz5285

Reaction score
Is there a way to decrease the volume for the lady's voice when she tells me where to go? My dealer told me to just lower the radio volume but then I cannot hear the music.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you lower the volume while the navigation instructions are given using the nob, it will adjust just that volume, and not the radio/music. I can also adjust the nav volume though the nav system menu. I have mine set to where you can barely hear the instructions if the music/news is at a normal volume, which for me is "just right."

Lbdyll

Reaction score
On my truck every single time I use the nav, I have to turn the volume down on it. I have gone into the settings and changed it to 1 and it still screams at me everytime. Yet if I go into the settings it is still set to 1. Even though while she is talking and I turn it down and it says like 13-14.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On my truck every single time I use the nav, I have to turn the volume down on it. I have gone into the settings and changed it to 1 and it still screams at me everytime. Yet if I go into the settings it is still set to 1. Even though while she is talking and I turn it down and it says like 13-14.
After making the change, did you save your seat memory settings? Volume control might be stored there.

Lbdyll

Reaction score
After making the change, did you save your seat memory settings? Volume control might be stored there.
My truck doesn't have memory seats sadly. But thank you for the suggestion

Dietz5285

Reaction score
The manual says that if you have the setting below 15 it will default to 15 at the next startup, how stupid is that? Why should RAM decide what my volume should be?

Lbdyll

Reaction score
The manual says that if you have the setting below 15 it will default to 15 at the next startup, how stupid is that? Why should RAM decide what my volume should be?
Wow I havent seen that in the manual. Why in the heck would you need the nav at 15? I always set mine to 1 and with the way the stereo mutes the drivers speaker when the nav speaks its plenty loud.

Dietz5285

Reaction score
Wow I havent seen that in the manual. Why in the heck would you need the nav at 15? I always set mine to 1 and with the way the stereo mutes the drivers speaker when the nav speaks its plenty loud.

Page 122 in Uconnect Manual download

NOTE: If the NAV Volume Adjustment setting is set
between level 0 and 11 it will default to level 12 on a vehicle
restart, if the NAV Volume Adjustment setting is set
between level 13 and 38 it will RETAIN the setting on a
vehicle restart.

Pparana

Reaction score
This is really stupid, it is Soo loud. 3-4 would be fine and I have 30 Percent hearing in my right ear, I can't Imagine how loud this is if you have full hearing

Royal27

Reaction score

My wife does this too LOL

Rich

Reaction score
I was just searching for this in the manual and here online and found this thread.

There is a setting for Navigation Guidance volume for the voice. Everytime I set it (about 8) sometimes it sticks, and other times it seems to reset to 15. It's really annoying that it resets as it's screaming loud!

Maybe if everyone reports it as a pain and a bug, they can fix it in a next version update? I can see resetting it if you had it at zero, but not at a lower volume so it doesn't scream at you.

How can we all report 'problems' so they will fix it in a future release?

Sspearsau

Reaction score
I had this exact thing happen to me yesterday. I adjust the guidance volume in Settings. Moved it down to one from 15 (which 15 is so loud it distorts the words coming from the speaker). I ran some errands, came back to the car, put in another address, started guidance...back to the same overwhelmingly default sound level.

I came to the forum to see what was going on.

As mentioned above, what makes it even stranger is that when you go to adjust it again...the volume level shows what it was last set to, it just doesn’t reflect the actual level coming from the speaker.

The fact that the manual says it defaults back to the top volume is frustrating, as I’m not sure they’ll do an option to change this behavior. Time will tell!

MCTECH

Reaction score
Mine does the exact same thing. Defaults to 15 each time the truck is turned on. There are three separate volume functions radio, Nav/guidance (includes speed warning) and Voice command. The radio volume works as expected and remains at the previously set level until user changed. The Nav/guidance volume defaults to 15 each time the truck is turned off and restarted. The voice command defaults to level 15 EVERY TIME the button is pushed. While the default to 15 is annoying, and in my eyes a defective operational condition, the real problem is the excessive decibel level of setting 15. It is indeed YELLING at this level. My 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn was in the shop for 20 days while the dealer went back and forth with FCA's electronics department looking for a fix. They finally ordered a new "radio" and installed it. There was no difference in operation whatsoever. At this point the dealer compared it to another Bighorn with the 8.4 screen w/nav base audio system and it was the exact same decible and operation as mine. So now they have concluded that it is "normal" and there is nothing further they can do. I am now on an update list for a future undetermined software update. I encourage you to contact Customer Care if you are experiencing the same problem. My case number is 64855003. Please feel free to reference my case number in your contact with FCA.
Note that when my truck was in the shop they did provide me with a loaner truck so I was not without a vehicle while my truck was there. The truck I was loaned was a *Laramie with the Alpine system. This truck had the exact same operational problem of defaulting to 15. BUT at setting 15 the Laramie decibel level was the equivalent of my system at setting 2. I had to turn up the Laramie to nearly full volume for it to match my speaker distorting decibel level of 15.

Obviously this thread was started quite awhile ago. If anyone experienced with this issue has had it resolved Please post up a comment with the solution.
Thank you

@RamCares

Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Note that when my truck was in the shop they did provide me with a loaner truck so I was not without a vehicle while my truck was there. The truck I was loaned was a Lariat with the Alpine system. This truck had the exact same operational problem of defaulting to 15. BUT at setting 15 the Lariat decibel level was the equivalent of my system at setting 2. I had to turn up the Lariot to nearly full volume for it to match my speaker distorting decibel level of 15.

@RamCares

But a Lariat is a Ford F-150. :unsure: ???

Users who are viewing this thread