5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Truck Ordering Experience (10/15/2018 - 12/06/2018)

Tropez

Reaction score
Mine also per Ram Chat. Great news.

I did a bit of searching regarding this staus code and it seems that it could be a good sign once you hit this. Things are reported to move pretty fast afterwards. Maybe, just some reports. Crossing my fingers, I have to give my insurance rental back soon. :)

wthomps79

Reaction score
I did a bit of searching regarding this staus code and it seems that it could be a good sign once you hit this. Things are reported to move pretty fast afterwards. Maybe, just some reports. Crossing my fingers, I have to give my insurance rental back soon. :)

Don't hold your breath. You can sit at D1 for up to 45 days before FCA will do anything and it seems the bulk of the trucks do sit there a long time. Mine went D1 on 9/28 and wasn't built until 10/22. There are several others on the tracking sheet that were in D1 much longer. It seems that the etorque and ramboxes drastically increased wait time before the truck was built. For reference, I ordered my truck on 9/26 and it was delivered to the dealer on Saturday (11/3), so thats 5 weeks but I didn't order anything special that has been extending order times.

Tropez

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath. You can sit at D1 for up to 45 days before FCA will do anything and it seems the bulk of the trucks do sit there a long time. Mine went D1 on 9/28 and wasn't built until 10/22. There are several others on the tracking sheet that were in D1 much longer. It seems that the etorque and ramboxes drastically increased wait time before the truck was built. For reference, I ordered my truck on 9/26 and it was delivered to the dealer on Saturday (11/3), so thats 5 weeks but I didn't order anything special that has been extending order times.

Dang! Well, I will hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Tropez

Reaction score
11\8\2018 - FCA order status code is still D1, estimated build date of 11/29.

Tropez

Reaction score
11\12\2018 - FCA order status code is still D1, this time the guy on the call said he didn't see any "date" listed. Strange, how did the person I last talked to see one?

chrisfuss

Reaction score
11\12\2018 - FCA order status code is still D1, this time the guy on the call said he didn't see any "date" listed. Strange, how did the person I last talked to see one?

probably didn't... was just a distraction lie to get you off his ***...

bsmith144

Reaction score
Only thing I’ve ever got was a ship date and that was from my dealer off of his system. 11/20 ship date on mine the Monday after it hit D1.

Tropez

Reaction score
11/12/2018 - Sent a text to my dealer asking for an update from them. "It's in line to be built, estimated ship date is 11/20 but they are never right."

Tropez

Reaction score
11/20/2018 - Truck was still in D1 status yesterday. As of today it’s in “G” or “Trim” status and it “should be done in a day or so depending on options.”

Tropez

Reaction score
11/28/2018 - Truck is in KZ status. Should arrive in the railyard in KC on 12/7.

Tropez

Reaction score
12/6/2018 - My truck is on the dealer lot!

S5DWrjD.jpg

Paulny

Reaction score
12/6/2018 - My truck is on the dealer lot!

S5DWrjD.jpg

Very nice truck, and congrats. When do you pick it up? We have VERY similar builds. Mine should arrive at the dealer any day now.

Tropez

Reaction score
Very nice truck, and congrats. When do you pick it up? We have VERY similar builds. Mine should arrive at the dealer any day now.

The dealer has my accessories to install. Bed cover, hood deflector, door air deflectors, running boards.

I pick it up Monday, which just so happens to be the same day I have to return my rental.

I went and drove it today and it is amazing. Love the sunroof. Love the power of the 3.92. Love the Rebel 12 package. It’s my dream ride.

robe2388

Reaction score
The dealer has my accessories to install. Bed cover, hood deflector, door air deflectors, running boards.

I pick it up Monday, which just so happens to be the same day I have to return my rental.

I went and drove it today and it is amazing. Love the sunroof. Love the power of the 3.92. Love the Rebel 12 package. It’s my dream ride.

How much you paid OTD?

bsmith144

Reaction score

Congrats Tropez! We’ll be picking ours up the same day. Dealer is short handed tomorrow to get it accessorized so it will be Monday for me also. Understandable as it’s a small town dealership but the service I’ve received in the past from them makes it A ok with me. I’ll post up pics Monday night if things go as planned.

Users who are viewing this thread