5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Truck Ordering Experience (10/15/2018 - 12/06/2018)

bsmith144

Reaction score
The dealer has my accessories to install. Bed cover, hood deflector, door air deflectors, running boards.

I pick it up Monday, which just so happens to be the same day I have to return my rental.

I went and drove it today and it is amazing. Love the sunroof. Love the power of the 3.92. Love the Rebel 12 package. It’s my dream ride.
What did you go with for a bed cover? I went with the mopar rollup. 3 year warranty and 15% off this month made it easier for them to talk me into it. I’ve been an Access Original guy for 15+ years. We’ll see and I’ll post my review if anyone is interested.

Tropez

Reaction score
How much you paid OTD?

Truck 53,000 (sticker 62,050)
Front Air Deflectors 135.00
Side Air Deflectors Crew Cab 125.00
Black Painted Running Boards 492.00
BAKFlip MX4 Folding Bed Cover 1100.00
$100 Deductible Lifetime Warranty 2900.00
Documentation Fee 200.00

Total $57,952.00 + Taxes

Tropez

Reaction score
What did you go with for a bed cover? I went with the mopar rollup. 3 year warranty and 15% off this month made it easier for them to talk me into it. I’ve been an Access Original guy for 15+ years. We’ll see and I’ll post my review if anyone is interested.

The dealer talked me into the MX4. I wanted a hard folding cover, not a roll-up and the OEM one they said they have had problems with all 4 they have installed, they leak.

Tropez

Reaction score
Picked up my truck today!

Bed cover wasn’t in stock yet, next week.
Running boards that were ordered were for the wrong cab, so they didn’t fit.
Ended up going with the power running boards, they will be in tomorrow.
My WeatherTech mud flaps are ordered, they
will be in my hands Tuesday.
I had to do some dancing and get creative in order to get the lifetime warranty (due to the ending of that program just days ago). But I was successful!

Should I have a front license plate bracket or just holes in the bumper?

Paulny

Reaction score
Wait, that's my truck!!!!!!!!!! lol, looks awesome Tropez and obviously you have good taste as our builds are almost identical. I don't believe the 12 has the wireless charging as that option is in the Limited's and maybe Laramie editions? They made a software update to the 19 speaker HK system and from what I could hear in the video, it's a big improvement. Beautiful color and mine should be in my driveway any day now as it was unloaded from the rail car yesterday. Cheers my friend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread