5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My truck doesn't have assist or sos feature

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Bighorn bought off a dealer lot and assumed all 2019 RAM trucks had siriusguardian capabilities, but when attempting to activate my trial I was told if I don't have the Blue Assist and Red SOS buttons it means my truck can't connect. Curious if there are others with this same issue? When I look at the SiriusGuardian/UConnect site it claims all 2019 RAM vehicles should have this...

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have the buttons in my Rebel (overhead console between the map lights) - I didn't spec my rebel when buying and would've likely left that off if I'd seen the option as I'm carrying my own coms gear most of the time.

does the site say that all '19 Rams have the option? or that they're already equipped?

bmarcurella

Reaction score
@millerbjm Look at my post. It isn't just you having the issue, your SiriusXM isn't working with the Uconnect software revision.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it requires the UConnect 8.4 Nav or the 12" screen. It is not an available function/option with the standard 8.4.
It appears you are correct - I am a bit dissapointed as my 2014 BigHorn had the 8.4 and was compatible with UConnect App and wi-fi hotspot so it seems they went backwards here. Both myself and the dealer assumed all the Ram trucks with the 8.4 had these features but I guess I should have done my homework better! I don't know that I would have paid for these features but in the past I enjoyed the trial period of being able to manage the locks and ignition from my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread