5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ram Rebel 2019 build

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Bought it Saturday 2/22/2020. Still on my first tank with some mods sitting in the garage.

Have a small warranty thing I have to deal with, then I'll get installing. First up, Borla Atak catback. Have the Pulsar but thinking I am going to send it back and get a Trinity 2 instead. Also waiting to put the Veraram on and hit up my local paint shop for some paint matching work.

20200223_142703.jpg

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. If it’s new, go grab the extra rebate below.

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Do it within 60 days of purchase.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle or that you traded in a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Thanks, filling out the rebate tonight. Sadly there were a few warranty issues with this one right off the start.

Rear driver side door misaligned, the tailgate is misaligned, and the ram boxes are also not installed and need to be adjusted.

There were a couple of issues in the paint (tailgate area, one on the lower rear wheel area, and one where they installed the bed rails.)

And finally, the leather on the steering wheel was coming out from under the controls on the left side.

Took them to my dealer, got photos and documentation of everything. Hopefully they get it all taken care of. I hate to have to post all this on a brand new truck but sometimes this stuff happens. Just hoping Dodge does me right and takes care of it.

On another note, I'm having the paint shop do all the custom work at the same time so it should save me a little $$$.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Just ordered the 3g Custom valve covers and battery box. Hope to have them pretty quick so I can have my paint guy do everything at once. (skid plate, helliwig, tow hooks, vinyl decals, air cleaner cover, etc)

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Trying to find the perfect truck cover but having a tough time at the moment figuring out what way I want to go. Bakflip doesn't have anything that is paintable (said it would void the warranty on the product also). Paragon has a nice setup but nothing that works with the Ramboxes.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Decided to grab a lomax trifold tonneau cover so I can color match it to my truck. I thought this looked the best without the rubber seals on the top and seemed to sit pretty flush. Only a 3yr warranty but I'll take care of it. Plus works with my ramboxes. Should have it by the end of the week and installed in a week or three after I get it painted.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
sounds like you're on your way! I'm sure you will get those minor kinks worked out and you can enjoy your truck
Yea I think so too. Ordered a few random decals and a 3rd brake light smoked cover. I would like to smoke the mirror signals but might hold off. Not important.

Looking into spacers/leveling kit, rims/tires and a possible 4" lift, LED trailer/backup LED lighting, front light bar or lights of some sort, hidden winch, front camera, and potential speaker upgrades/small sub under rear bench seat box but I don't want to lose the storage bin access. I'm sure I'll come up with a million more things but I'm using this post to keep a tally.

It'll take me a few weeks to install everything I've ordered and get everything into the paintshop etc.

RamCares

Reaction score
Thanks, filling out the rebate tonight. Sadly there were a few warranty issues with this one right off the start.

Rear driver side door misaligned, the tailgate is misaligned, and the ram boxes are also not installed and need to be adjusted.

There were a couple of issues in the paint (tailgate area, one on the lower rear wheel area, and one where they installed the bed rails.)

And finally, the leather on the steering wheel was coming out from under the controls on the left side.

Took them to my dealer, got photos and documentation of everything. Hopefully they get it all taken care of. I hate to have to post all this on a brand new truck but sometimes this stuff happens. Just hoping Dodge does me right and takes care of it.

On another note, I'm having the paint shop do all the custom work at the same time so it should save me a little $$$.

Congrats on the new truck, kmblackbear! If you are in need of any additional support while addressing these items with your dealer, please do not hesitate to send us a private message for additional support.

Mark
RamCares

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Thank you very much. All the work orders/warranty claims have been made/filed with my local Dodge/RAM dealer + service center. All is in motion. I'm not worried. Little things happen when on an assembly line, its how the issues are resolved that make the brand stand out more than anything, and so far they have been very helpful and pleasant to work with.

I'll be sure to update through the process. :)

RamCares

Reaction score
Thank you very much. All the work orders/warranty claims have been made/filed with my local Dodge/RAM dealer + service center. All is in motion. I'm not worried. Little things happen when on an assembly line, its how the issues are resolved that make the brand stand out more than anything, and so far they have been very helpful and pleasant to work with.

I'll be sure to update through the process. :)

Thank you very much for the follow up and for keeping us updated! So glad to hear that you are in good hands with your dealer. We are always here and available via PM to do all that we can to make your ownership experience as smooth as possible.

Mark
RamCares

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Came up with an idea but so far nothing out there to my knowledge that will work... On the Ramboxes, I want a removable fishing rod holder rack. The boxes on the short bed are roughly 50+ inches but enough so I can fit a few two-piece fishing rods in. The shortest mounting height is roughly 10" from top of the wheel well to the upper section of the box. (all rough estimates for now)

I'm planning on using some heavy duty velcro and some foam/plastic rod holder mounts. Parts ordered, should have them by the weekend. Worst case it doesn't work and I'm back to the drawing board.

Also got the 12" screen overlay so I can finally take off the "new car screen protector off" haha.

I'll take some photos and some videos or the exhaust thats going on tomorrow morning.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Came up with an idea but so far nothing out there to my knowledge that will work... On the Ramboxes, I want a removable fishing rod holder rack. The boxes on the short bed are roughly 50+ inches but enough so I can fit a few two-piece fishing rods in. The shortest mounting height is roughly 10" from top of the wheel well to the upper section of the box. (all rough estimates for now)

I'm planning on using some heavy duty velcro and some foam/plastic rod holder mounts. Parts ordered, should have them by the weekend. Worst case it doesn't work and I'm back to the drawing board.

Also got the 12" screen overlay so I can finally take off the "new car screen protector off" haha.

I'll take some photos and some videos or the exhaust thats going on tomorrow morning.

The suction mount is nice, but hit a bump and the rods will bounce around.
Screenshot_20200226-183120_eBay.jpg

I got something like the following but I might have to trim it a bit to get it to work.
Screenshot_20200226-183205_Chrome.jpg

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Stock exhaust for comparison purposes. Cold start, camera about 10' away. Couple of progressive revs and a rev limit at the end.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Here we are, I got the Borla Atak on with black tips. I think it sounds great. Ordered the new Trinity 2 tuner hopefully we can reset that rev limiter a little bit LOL

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Also added some red Vinyls and have more in store, waiting for it to warm up a bit though. Still in the 20's / 30's here.

These are obviously the key fob vinyls, I have engine cover lettering, fan shroud, dial selection knob, grill emblem, and finally the hood badge. All will be red accents.

Great thing with Vinyl, if you don't like it, peel em off and try again

Bought from Reflective Concepts, and dial knob from eBay. Colors aren't quite perfect but it'll look nice I think when I am done.
20200228_163404.jpg

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Sent my Pulsar back, swapped for a Trinity t2 due to all the ongoing issues with the Pulsar. Waiting to get the warranty work done before installing it or anything else. This will include all accessories getting painted and vinyls done at the same time.

I hate waiting and sounded like it was going to be 3+ weeks to get any sort of answer on the warranty work. I will say it is a little frustrating that a brand new $60k vehicle has issues and it can't get sorted out in less time.

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Installed my Lomax bed cover today. Fit seems to be pretty solid. Might need to beef up the weather stripping at the back just behind where the ramboxes end. But overall I'm pretty happy with it. I was going to paint it, but I think I'm going to leave it for now.

20200302_145606.jpg

20200302_145543.jpg

20200302_145558.jpg

20200302_145528.jpg

kmblackbear

Reaction score
Installed the Kykr 12" screen protector today. Highly recommend this. Easy to put on, lined up almost perfectly. Found it for $30 on Amazon.
20200305_170652.jpg

Dial shift knob decal. I have a black one too, got it off eBay cheap. Somewhat tricky to line it up but doesn't look too bad. I'll probably switch to the black one though.
20200305_170457.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread