5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Mods to my new 2019 Laramie Sport

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have almost completed my mods to my new truck. I still have to do a tonneau, tint the front side windows and do some mudflaps. Here's a quick overview with some pics. Overall I am very happy how it came out. Also in the pics is my 2010 with a Rough Country 4" lift and 295/60/20 tires. I'll be listing that for sale soon.

* Readylift 3.5" SST kit. I only ended up using this as a 2" kit all around. I explain this in detail in another thread
* Fuel Maverick 20x9 rims with +20 offset
* Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x11.50r20
* N-Fab D1980cc-tx side steps
* Mopar slush mats

Attachments

• IMG_5455.jpg
    IMG_5455.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_5456.jpg
    IMG_5456.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_5457.jpg
    IMG_5457.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_5458.jpg
    IMG_5458.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_5459.jpg
    IMG_5459.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 554
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 545
  • sideview after lift.jpeg
    sideview after lift.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 533
  • side19vs10.jpg
    side19vs10.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 500
  • steps.jpg
    steps.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 477
  • stock.jpeg
    stock.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 449

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Love those rockrail/side steps, had them on my 2009 great look. I think it all looks awesome good job!

MattF

Reaction score
Looks awesome ! Did the tow hooks come with the truck?

Matt

solidliquidfox

Reaction score
This looks pretty damn awesome.

Pardon my ignorance, but do you feel you would have reached the same result getting the Readylift 2" Leveling kit over the Readylift 3.5" SST kit? Any parts needed that were not on the Leveling kit?

Thanks!

XDBrad

Reaction score
Got to ask if the N-Fab steps came with the correct mounts or did you have to modify them? Reason I ask is that I ordered a set of the Podium pros only to find out they fit the 2019 classic only and when I talked to N-Fab they said the Predator Pro steps is all they have to fit the 5th gen... Predator’s look nice but I really liked the other step (like yours). The Predators are supposed to ship tomorrow but if...

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice set up. Keep up the good work

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got to ask if the N-Fab steps came with the correct mounts or did you have to modify them? Reason I ask is that I ordered a set of the Podium pros only to find out they fit the 2019 classic only and when I talked to N-Fab they said the Predator Pro steps is all they have to fit the 5th gen... Predator’s look nice but I really liked the other step (like yours). The Predators are supposed to ship tomorrow but if...
They fit perfect. I was worried since they said wheel to wheel and I only wanted can length. Fit perfect and installed in the correct mounting studs. The directions were actually good!

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This looks pretty damn awesome.

Pardon my ignorance, but do you feel you would have reached the same result getting the Readylift 2" Leveling kit over the Readylift 3.5" SST kit? Any parts needed that were not on the Leveling kit?

Thanks!
I was thinking that at the time and considered it. I wanted to do the upper control arms and I would have probably ended up buying a 1” spacer for the rear. This actually worked out. We used everything but the preload spacer.

solidliquidfox

Reaction score
I'm probably going to go for a similar set up (same tires) but with a Rebel. You having the Off Road package pretty much works as a rough guideline. Anything you noticed so far in terms of the ride quality/mileage? Any rubbing or does this kit take care of easily clearing most 20" wheel and 35" tire combos with the proper offset?

Thanks!

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm probably going to go for a similar set up (same tires) but with a Rebel. You having the Off Road package pretty much works as a rough guideline. Anything you noticed so far in terms of the ride quality/mileage? Any rubbing or does this kit take care of easily clearing most 20" wheel and 35" tire combos with the proper offset?

Thanks!
The lift itself didn’t change the ride at all. I drove it a few times with the stock tires and was very surprised that it still felt 100% stock. I think if the preload spacer was installed that it may affect the ride a bit. The tires did stiffen it up a little. I was worried about killing the ride but it still rides very good. Happy with the ridgegrapplers. Hard to believe they are so quiet and look so aggressive. I haven’t done enough driving yet to see where the mileage ends up. I’m sure it will take a hit

Kevin C

Reaction score
Very nice Rammit. Came out great! It looks like the slightly tougher cousin of my truck (with the sport package/hood rather than chrome, side steps, and black Mavericks rather than my grey). Love it!

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same N-Fab steps in gloss black. Fitment was perfect. Ordered them from realtruck. Hardest part of installation was cleaning the paint off the factory studs.

Truck looks great!

kingkasc

Reaction score
I have almost completed my mods to my new truck. I still have to do a tonneau, tint the front side windows and do some mudflaps. Here's a quick overview with some pics. Overall I am very happy how it came out. Also in the pics is my 2010 with a Rough Country 4" lift and 295/60/20 tires. I'll be listing that for sale soon.

* Readylift 3.5" SST kit. I only ended up using this as a 2" kit all around. I explain this in detail in another thread
* Fuel Maverick 20x9 rims with +20 offset
* Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x11.50r20
* N-Fab D1980cc-tx side steps
* Mopar slush mats
Did you install your sidesteps yourself? If so did you have to remove the front mount bolt to install the side step? I'm trying to install mine and I'm stuck at that step :(

Attachments

• IMG_8189.JPG
    IMG_8189.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 67

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you install your sidesteps yourself? If so did you have to remove the front mount bolt to install the side step? I'm trying to install mine and I'm stuck at that step :([/
I did the install myself and I didn’t have to remove any mounting bolt. These were made to fit the trucks mounting studs in the upper rockers. There are 9 per side. I’ll I had to do was install the nuts on the stud, check level and tighten.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    874.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same N-Fab steps in gloss black. Fitment was perfect. Ordered them from realtruck. Hardest part of installation was cleaning the paint off the factory studs.

Truck looks great!
I agree with that. I ended up with a wire wheel on a cordless drill. Other than that it was surprisingly easy

kingkasc

Reaction score
See my sidestep requires me to take the front mount bolt off but when I start to spin it off the rubber piece behind it also spins so I'm stuck here

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
See my sidestep requires me to take the front mount bolt off but when I start to spin it off the rubber piece behind it also spins so I'm stuck here
There has to be a nut or retaining clip back there. I would get some needle nose pliars to put back there. I can't see why you would need to remove anything though. What steps are you going with?

kingkasc

Reaction score
There has to be a nut or retaining clip back there. I would get some needle nose pliars to put back there. I can't see why you would need to remove anything though. What steps are you going with?

I bought a tuff bar 3" round bent. It's a bracket that goes from there to the one like yours.

Marty3374

Reaction score
I got the nfab hooped steps Took 30 mins to install They fit right onto the mounts on the truck

Users who are viewing this thread