5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 2019 Limited Factory Order

ryelinek

Reaction score
So my factory order finally arrived. It was 7 weeks exactly from the Saturday I ordered it on 4-28 to when I picked it up on Saturday 6-16. It actually came in on Friday if we want to be exact.

My build was this—

Limited 4x4 in Granite Crystal exterior Black interior
5.7 Standard Hemi
3.92 Axle
Anti Slip Rear Axle
33 Gallon Tank
Limited Level 1 Group
Dual Pane Sunroof
22” Wheels

After two days of driving it I can say I have ZERO regrets and it has lived up to being everything I wanted. I got a killer deal on my order. After the recent price increases on options the sticker went to 66,150 and the dealer honored their orginal sales price of 56,751 before rebates then I got another 1,500 in rebates. Nearly 12k off was insane and even the sales guy kept telling me I was getting an absurd price on the truck when I picked it up.

The most impressive thing about the truck for me is the ride. The air suspension ride is absolutely incredible and the inside cabin noise is nonexistent. It’s honestly the best feeling car I personally have driven. For those concerned about the ride quality on the 22 inch wheels do not be concerned. It is incredible and I don’t think there is any loss from the normal 20” wheels.

The design on the inside is just gorgeous and the interior as we all know is the best there is. The 12 inch touch screen is super responsive and a blast to use. I still have a lot to figure out but it’s everything I wanted it to be. The quality of materials is what I would expect to find in a high end luxury car. It’s just incredible. Everyone I’ve drove around the past two days have all been blown away.

The 19 speaker sound system is great. Honestly I think it gets plenty loud and the clarity is awesome. Zero regrets for getting this option.

The only downside I have is the AC. I do wish it got a little colder but once again I think it’s plenty passable. It’s not the coldest I’ve ever had nor does it cool down the fastest but it does catch up fine. Myself I like a real icebox but I get PLENTY comfortable in the car.

I could go on but this is my take after a few days in the car. It was worth the wait and every call and chat I opened up with RAM customer service was worth it too haha.... My wife who is not really a car person was blown away by how nice it is too.

If anyone has any specific questions about the truck I could try to answer let me know!!!

27145BFC-DB25-4D14-8812-713F91B06BF4.jpeg 06E4201E-9B33-4D77-AAFF-67A852843327.jpeg 742E4102-D150-40CC-B07E-E91065FF7A76.jpeg 9B760E76-62CF-45FF-A210-4D951E16739C.jpeg

FLG8R

Reaction score
So my factory order finally arrived. It was 7 weeks exactly from the Saturday I ordered it on 4-28 to when I picked it up on Saturday 6-16. It actually came in on Friday if we want to be exact.

My build was this—

5.7 Standard Hemi
3.92 Axle
Anti Slip Rear Axle
33 Gallon Tank
Limited Level 1 Group
Dual Pane Sunroof
22” Wheels

After two days of driving it I can say I have ZERO regrets and it has lived up to being everything I wanted. I got a killer deal on my order. After the recent price increases on options the sticker went to 66,150 and the dealer honored their orginal sales price of 56,751 before rebates then I got another 1,500 in rebates. Nearly 12k off was insane and even the sales guy kept telling me I was getting an absurd price on the truck when I picked it up.

The most impressive thing about the truck for me is the ride. The air suspension ride is absolutely incredible and the inside cabin noise is nonexistent. It’s honestly the best feeling car I personally have driven. For those concerned about the ride quality on the 22 inch wheels do not be concerned. It is incredible and I don’t think there is any loss from the normal 20” wheels.

The design on the inside is just gorgeous and the interior as we all know is the best there is. The 12 inch touch screen is super responsive and a blast to use. I still have a lot to figure out but it’s everything I wanted it to be. The quality of materials is what I would expect to find in a high end luxury car. It’s just incredible. Everyone I’ve drove around the past two days have all been blown away.

The 19 speaker sound system is great. Honestly I think it gets plenty loud and the clarity is awesome. Zero regrets for getting this option.

The only downside I have is the AC. I do wish it got a little colder but once again I think it’s plenty passable. It’s not the coldest I’ve ever had nor does it cool down the fastest but it does catch up fine. Myself I like a real icebox but I get PLENTY comfortable in the car.

I could go on but this is my take after a few days in the car. It was worth the wait and every call and chat I opened up with RAM customer service was worth it too haha.... My wife who is not really a car person was blown away by how nice it is too.

If anyone has any specific questions about the truck I could try to answer let me know!!!

View attachment 876 View attachment 877 View attachment 878 View attachment 879
Everyone of my FCA vehicles have been Granite Crystal, I just love that color. Prior to joining up with FCA my favorite was Dark Gray regardless of brand. But I just couldn't come to terms with FCAs gray because depending on the light I'd always see this hint of blue that threw me off. I do have a question because I finally got to see one on the road and the owner was good enough to spend some time telling me about it. My first observation was, this thing is HUGE! My intial Ram 1500 was a CC and it couldn't come near this thing in size and beauty. Now the question. I'm guessing you have those power side rails and was wondering (based on my looking over the one I seen) if there is any chance they could give you a good whack on the leg if you were standing too close and maybe not paying attention when you open the door?

ryelinek

Reaction score
Now the question. I'm guessing you have those power side rails and was wondering (based on my looking over the one I seen) if there is any chance they could give you a good whack on the leg if you were standing too close and maybe not paying attention when you open the door?

Honestly I think that it would have to be pretty hard to get hit by them. You have to be out of the way of the door that is swinging wide open and while at the same time at the very edge of the car. The only way I could see the happening is if someone opens the front or back door and someone is standing right on top of the other door on the same side. The boards kinda swipe out at an angle and if they come into contact with anything the do go back it being folded as opposed to deployed.

FLG8R

Reaction score
Thats good to hear as I was thinking along the lines of a kid close by but didn't want to create a scare.

Viking84

Reaction score
That looks really nice :) I'm still debating whether to get the chrome bumpers or not - looks great like this though!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The painted bumpers look good. Truck has a perfect amount of chrome. Thanks for the payload sticker.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My build was this—

5.7 Standard Hemi
3.92 Axle
Anti Slip Rear Axle
33 Gallon Tank
Limited Level 1 Group
Dual Pane Sunroof
22” Wheels

View attachment 876 View attachment 877 View attachment 878 View attachment 879
When I test-drove a 2019 Limited Crew Cab a few weeks ago, I noticed that the air conditioning wasn't exactly stellar. I was surprised that (a) the air coming out of the vents wasn't colder, and (b) how long it took to cool the cab. It was only about 90 °F and 40 % relative humidity outside, which isn't all that bad, so I was concerned with the seemingly not-great air-conditioner performance.

My current vehicle is 14 years old, and the coldness of the air coming out of the vents within 30 seconds after starting the AC on a really hot day is much better in my old car than it was in the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited I drove. Of course the truck has a much larger cab volume and thus will take longer to cool down, but it seems to me like a totally new, high-tech vehicle like the 2019 Ram 1500 should produce air coming out of the vents that is at least as cold as my 2005 vehicle does.

I'm glad to hear that you are satisfied overall with the AC, but if you live where it routinely gets into the low 100s F, it's a bit of a cause for concern. I wonder if other 2019 1500 owners have noticed this.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
When I test-drove a 2019 Limited Crew Cab a few weeks ago, I noticed that the air conditioning wasn't exactly stellar. I was surprised that (a) the air coming out of the vents wasn't colder, and (b) how long it took to cool the cab. It was only about 90 °F and 40 % relative humidity outside, which isn't all that bad, so I was concerned with the seemingly not-great air-conditioner performance.

My current vehicle is 14 years old, and the coldness of the air coming out of the vents within 30 seconds after starting the AC on a really hot day is much better in my old car than it was in the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited I drove. Of course the truck has a much larger cab volume and thus will take longer to cool down, but it seems to me like a totally new, high-tech vehicle like the 2019 Ram 1500 should produce air coming out of the vents that is at least as cold as my 2005 vehicle does.

I'm glad to hear that you are satisfied overall with the AC, but if you live where it routinely gets into the low 100s F, it's a bit of a cause for concern. I wonder if other 2019 1500 owners have noticed this.

There are lots of threads on this, please use the search function.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/a-c-performance.605/

ryelinek

Reaction score

Tons of people giving their two cents on the AC. In Virginia it’s not like Texas or Arizona hot but it gets hot here. Plenty of times I’ve had to take the AC off LOW and raise it up when I was getting too cold and I’m the type that likes it to be an ice box.

Like plenty have already said. The AC maybe could be a little better but I’m not disappointed nor is it something worth dwelling on.

3100 miles on my truck so far and I love it. Just did a round trip to Myrtle Beach recently to visit family and it was a joy to drive on a long trip.

Users who are viewing this thread