5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mute Navigation Guidance

cr02pica

Reaction score
I like using navigation on my way to work/home just for ETA but don't want to hear the turn-by-turn directions all of the time. I know where the setting is to mute guidance but for some reason every time I turn it off it reverts back to being on the next time I get in the truck. I know I can go into the route options and mute the guidance every time, but I'd much prefer unmuting guidance when I actually need it. Also, changing the guidance volume setting in the same menu also reverts to the default when I restart the truck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the settings to save? Has anyone else experienced this?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Mine stays the way I set it.
It shouldn't revert back every time you restart the truck.
20201029_095350.jpg

cr02pica

Reaction score
I have the 12" display, I actually think the check mark stays unchecked, but it continues to play the audio. I'll have to double check when I get out of work. Its not a big deal, just an annoyance I guess.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Next time guidance is actively speaking, grab your volume knob and turn it all the way down. Should stay there until you turn it up again.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
For what is worth, I have the 12, and mine does not keep the setting either.

Miken96

Reaction score
Try setting the guidance volume to "0" in the settings also.
I have done that as well.. I have the voice guidance unchecked and yet she still gives me turn by turn. I have to go in, check and then uncheck the voice AND turn the volume down to 0... Very annoying!!! I prefer to turn on guidance when needed, not have it on ALL the time

Users who are viewing this thread