5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Apparent Bugs with 12" UConnect System

bbetts00

Reaction score
First time Ram owner, and I am very disappointed with the quality and usability of the UConnect infotainment system. I have the Alpine system on a Limited. Updated the software after bringing it home last month (November). I have seen some of these issues reported previously (others not), but haven't seen solutions for any of them:
1. Split screen cards don't recall selections after turning off ignition. Top card always defaults to "no selection" and nav card defaults to destination screen instead of map.
2. Major lag/glitching on bluetooth audio. When switching to bluetooth to stream from iPhoneX, the BT audio glitches for the first 20-30 seconds (like it's buffering to catch up). I know this is not an issue with my streaming services or phone because I can play through the phone speakers or BT headphones with no issue.
3. On several occasions, my entire screen is black/blank shortly after startup. It seems to occur after backing out of my driveway. The reverse camera will display at first, but then when I switch into drive, the screen goes blank. Only solution has been to switch the truck off and restart.

wirles

Reaction score
Overall I believe you need to take it to the dealer. For the cards changing, try saving your seat memory after you make your change and see if the cards remain on the next startup.

NewRAMGuy

Reaction score
My screen starts to blink after about 30 minutes of turning the truck on. I tap on the screen or the top of the unit and it goes away, some time all together or just temporarily. If I don't tap on the unit it blanks out all together but the sound still works. Anyone else have or see this problem?

Reactions: ez1

ez1

Reaction score
My screen starts to blink after about 30 minutes of turning the truck on. I tap on the screen or the top of the unit and it goes away, some time all together or just temporarily. If I don't tap on the unit it blanks out all together but the sound still works. Anyone else have or see this problem?
Yes and more issues

LadyRam19

Reaction score
My top card never stays either.
I use top for nav and always have to swipe right to left after turning on truck.
updated a few weeks back.
Also Sirius doesn't display the correct artist/song at times (after the update )

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
First time Ram owner, and I am very disappointed with the quality and usability of the UConnect infotainment system. I have the Alpine system on a Limited. Updated the software after bringing it home last month (November). I have seen some of these issues reported previously (others not), but haven't seen solutions for any of them:
1. Split screen cards don't recall selections after turning off ignition. Top card always defaults to "no selection" and nav card defaults to destination screen instead of map.
2. Major lag/glitching on bluetooth audio. When switching to bluetooth to stream from iPhoneX, the BT audio glitches for the first 20-30 seconds (like it's buffering to catch up). I know this is not an issue with my streaming services or phone because I can play through the phone speakers or BT headphones with no issue.
3. On several occasions, my entire screen is black/blank shortly after startup. It seems to occur after backing out of my driveway. The reverse camera will display at first, but then when I switch into drive, the screen goes blank. Only solution has been to switch the truck off and restart.
You may have gotten a bad one. I never had lag or glittches with BT, or or issues with the backup camera.
I did I have a couple of your issues (split screen and screen going black), but those were resolved via the OTA firmware update. Haven’t had issues since (update was about three or four weeks ago).

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
20.16 update really nails down a lot of the little bugs. I haven't had many issues with the system. I did get the update and I can se that it is better. I am still waiting for an update to enable the info tab on the Uconnect/Guardian app.

If you hold down the lower left and right corner you can see what version you have. post a pic and we can see what version and if you aren't at the latest you can go to the dealer to get it updated manually.

ez1

Reaction score

After 3 times to the dealer as resent as today this what my screen looked like a few min. ago Please Contact FCA ASAP and get a case # on file.

Attachments

• IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 37

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After 3 times to the dealer as resent as today this what my screen looked like a few min. ago Please Contact FCA ASAP and get a case # on file.
Have they replaced anything? When it is on can you take a photo of the system info page so we can see what version you are on

Users who are viewing this thread