5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mufflex 24" magnaflow on 2019 Rebel 5.7 E-TORQUE

Yedi

Reaction score
Finally switched out my stock exhaust. Listened to alot of clips. Used my head and got something mild, didn't want something drawing too much attention to me (cops)

My biggest concern was the MDS system sounding weird with a different exhaust.

This 24" magnaflow from mufflex, is perfect. Nice deep tone while driving. I can notice MDS kick on slightly, but nothing crazy, just makes a deeper rumble, kind of cool actually. No drone crusing.

Not much of a sound clip, only startup (warm not cold)

Overall quality kit from mufflex. Well built.

19439 19440 19441 19442 19443

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
-Looks like you bought the Mufflex bolt on, correct?
-Did you do it yourself or is that a shop?
-If it’s a shop I’m curious why they didn’t just weld it instead of clamping it?
-Are you happy with the sound?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m asking because I’m getting ready to install the b2 fab 14” magnaflow and I’m debating whether to cut/bolt myself or have a shop just weld it. Also hoping I made the right decision with the 14”. I read that the 18” and 24” are very mellow on the new trucks because of the new exhaust design (1:1) so I went with the 14”. Curious your thought.

Yedi

Reaction score
-Looks like you bought the Mufflex bolt on, correct?
-Did you do it yourself or is that a shop?
-If it’s a shop I’m curious why they didn’t just weld it instead of clamping it?
-Are you happy with the sound?

Sorry for all the questions. I’m asking because I’m getting ready to install the b2 fab 14” magnaflow and I’m debating whether to cut/bolt myself or have a shop just weld it. Also hoping I made the right decision with the 14”. I read that the 18” and 24” are very mellow on the new trucks because of the new exhaust design (1:1) so I went with the 14”. Curious your thought.

I installed my self. Mufflex 24" bolt on. There is no need to weld with those band clamps. I can put the stock muffler back on with a socket and a wrench. No leaks at all.

If you have a shop weld it make damn sure they have stainless wire. Otherwise that will rust out. I've learned over the years, welding exhaust without stainless wire never lasts (at least in the Midwest with all the salt)

I actually bought some stainless wire for my welder and have done this on my last exhaust job on my wife's Escape. Worked slick, and after a winter still looks as good.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I installed my self. Mufflex 24" bolt on. There is no need to weld with those band clamps. I can put the stock muffler back on with a socket and a wrench. No leaks at all.

If you have a shop weld it make **** sure they have stainless wire. Otherwise that will rust out. I've learned over the years, welding exhaust without stainless wire never lasts (at least in the Midwest with all the salt)

I actually bought some stainless wire for my welder and have done this on my last exhaust job on my wife's Escape. Worked slick, and after a winter still looks as good.

Ooo awesome you did it yourself. So let me ask you just a couple more questions since I’ll probaly do the same. Do you use high temp silicone on the joints? What did you use to cut off existing muffler? I was just going to sawzall with carbide blade. Any other tips or tricks? Thanks!

Yedi

Reaction score
Ooo awesome you did it yourself. So let me ask you just a couple more questions since I’ll probaly do the same. Do you use high temp silicone on the joints? What did you use to cut off existing muffler? I was just going to sawzall with carbide blade. Any other tips or tricks? Thanks!
Didn't use the silicone, never have on any exhaust I've done. No need to no leaks at all. Just used my trusty harbor freight sawzall and a good blade. Piece of cake.

James Cole

Reaction score
Hello OP...

How arw you still liking your setup?

Any air gushing sound at wot? And how much louder would you consider it % wise vs stock?

I take it its DODNG24 the part number for this setup right?

Thanks!
JC

Yedi

Reaction score
Hello OP...

How arw you still liking your setup?

Any air gushing sound at wot? And how much louder would you consider it % wise vs stock?

I take it its DODNG24 the part number for this setup right?

Thanks!
JC

very happy with everything, have about 6700 miles on the truck now. definetly louder than stock, but more tone, not like loud loud. I wanted a mellow sound, with no drone, and the 24" does just that. Only sound at wide open throttle is the roar of the Hemi, sounds awesome. I did notice the sound of the drip holes in the tips though when its idling and cold, if you stand at the back and listen. not enough for me to do anything about it, one day I might plug the drain holes.

James Cole

Reaction score
Yedi, the ASD doesn't go crazy with this setup trying to cancel the exhaust sound?

Also at WOT is it much louder than stock? Like turn heads loud?

Yedi

Reaction score
Yedi, the ASD doesn't go crazy with this setup trying to cancel the exhaust sound?

Also at WOT is it much louder than stock? Like turn heads loud?

haven't noticed any difference with ASD.

Wide open is noticeable, I also have a K&N drop in and carbon filter is gone, so that adds some intake sound as well.

dsn112

Reaction score
This looks right up my ally, thanks for posting it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrmitt808

Reaction score
I installed and the right side is sticking out more than the left anyone run into issues like this?

Yedi

Reaction score
I installed and the right side is sticking out more than the left anyone run into issues like this?

nope, mine fit perfect. the tips are adjustable, I tucked mine up closer to the bumper like someone else on here posted a while back.

jrmitt808

Reaction score
nope, mine fit perfect. the tips are adjustable, I tucked mine up closer to the bumper like someone else on here posted a while back.

Thanks for the reply now that i am looking at your pics I may need to adjust the rear pipes.

Mine:
Yours:

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
still happy? Can you hear it in the cab just driving around stop to stop? Like 1-2k RPM?

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good choice in length. I did a 22" Dynomax on mine, which is built extremely similar to the Magnaflow. Deleted the resos with the B2 Fab kit. It's perfect. Very quiet and almost stock while idling and driving through town, but sounds like heaven when under load or accelerating. ZERO drone inside the truck. I love it.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Good choice in length. I did a 22" Dynomax on mine, which is built extremely similar to the Magnaflow. Deleted the resos with the B2 Fab kit. It's perfect. Very quiet and almost stock while idling and driving through town, but sounds like heaven when under load or accelerating. ZERO drone inside the truck. I love it.
Did you buy a 3" inlet/3" outlet offset/offset 22"?

Users who are viewing this thread