5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mud flaps, which ones to buy?

Redtrucks

Reaction score
i know that this subject has been discussed in other posts but I’m looking for either a WT or Husky mud flaps that will fit my needs. I had Mopar flaps put on when I bought my Bighorn in October but they don’t work for the roads that I drive on, gravel and snow covered roads. I’m looking for a flap that is wide and a little longer than the Mopar. Between the WT and husky which one will work the best?

broken_vet

Reaction score
When I compared the WT to the Husky, the Husky was about 1" longer. I went with the Husky and they look and work good. I have WT mudguards on my 2014, and they've been great too, but we all know that 1" can make a big difference.

Nsm42

Reaction score
Husky brand are the way to go in my opinion. More coverage, solid attachment, and high quality.

Minivipr

Reaction score
I did the Mopar. I like the clean look they have. I feared I wouldn't like how they wrapped around the flares but once installed I think they look very nice. Other brands seemed to be too big and odd shaped for me. I don't want flaps that looked like they came off a Mack truck.

jth877

Reaction score
Yes, Husky. Use the 3rd screw. The tape sucks. They will give you some clear film where the flap mounts against the truck painted surface so it won't rub.

Yangster

Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded. I was going to get the WT's due to ease of installation, but based on comments, I'm now leaning toward the Huskies. Now I just need my Longhorn to be built!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded. I was going to get the WT's due to ease of installation, but based on comments, I'm now leaning toward the Huskies. Now I just need my Longhorn to be built!
Liking my WTs. No problem with Huskys either. I just like the profile of the WTs better.

Redtrucks

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. do you need to use the optional 4th screw on the husky flaps?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had Husky on a prior vehicle. WT on last two trucks. I like the WT better.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tossed my mopar ones in the garbage that were on the truck and put husky flaps on. Much better, and come with PPF to put on the fender where the flap sits.

thebluegoat

Reaction score
Gatorbacks are awesome. I have them on my Rebel and they work great for bigger more aggressive tires.
I’d suggest these as well depending where you live. I’ll be getting them on my next truck. I’ve had the molded mopar ones on my truck and have cracked two rear sets in half backing over snow banks.

Users who are viewing this thread