5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPG indicator

Skiordie

Reaction score
I rarely see the tiny mpg indicator on the right side of my display (see pics). It appeared today at the beginning of a 45 min drive but disappeared after restarting the vehicle. I don’t drive it very often but I do pay close attention to this and it’s rarely displayed.

Another thing I’ve noticed with this Uconnect system is if I change the background/wallpaper, the next time I start the vehicle, the center display will go back to default setting and the 8.4 display will be on whatever background/wallpaper I had previously selected.

Attachments

• B4EAA475-D474-40F9-9465-093D9A867E47.jpeg
    B4EAA475-D474-40F9-9465-093D9A867E47.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 6D56D2BD-051A-43B2-AC75-2B7B17744E8F.jpeg
    6D56D2BD-051A-43B2-AC75-2B7B17744E8F.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 70

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I rarely see the tiny mpg indicator on the right side of my display (see pics). It appeared today at the beginning of a 45 min drive but disappeared after restarting the vehicle. I don’t drive it very often but I do pay close attention to this and it’s rarely displayed.

Another thing I’ve noticed with this Uconnect system is if I change the background/wallpaper, the next time I start the vehicle, the center display will go back to default setting and the 8.4 display will be on whatever background/wallpaper I had previously selected.
There are two MPG screens; swipe left or right with your arrow keys (on the left side of the steering wheel) to change between them. The only difference between the two screens is that one shows your instantaneous MPG.

If you make any changes to your UConnect settings, always be sure to re-save your seat memory (on your door). The system seems to remember many settings, including UConnect preferences. You can find many more threads about this on these forums.

Skiordie

Reaction score
There are two MPG screens; swipe left or right with your arrow keys (on the left side of the steering wheel) to change between them. The only difference between the two screens is that one shows your instantaneous MPG.

If you make any changes to your UConnect settings, always be sure to re-save your seat memory (on your door). The system seems to remember many settings, including UConnect preferences. You can find many more threads about this on these forums.
I literally stopped for 10 min to refuel and then the indicator was gone, hadn’t swiped left or right at all.

The two displays not matching after a restart doesn’t make sense to me. It’s an early build truck (April 2018) so doesn’t surprise me to see these little glitches.

Tundralag

Reaction score
You can set it up in the 4 corners as well
I have avg mpg. Current mpg. Outside temp current time.

Users who are viewing this thread