5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving out of D1 to E

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Far as I can tell, there is no way to know when your ordered 2019 Ram will move from D1 to the build process? One day you'll check on the status and it will have moved to E - frame.

Seems to me like that date would be set well in advance, as parts have to be gathered and sequenced before each truck begins the build process.....

Kramersp

Reaction score
well, at least you didnt move from D to C like I did.

warvet

Reaction score
I'll keep calling customer service.....the lady swore that the build process should start this week, which I don't believe. She told me D1 status could last up to 30 days, but I want to see what statuses I get from them , weekly, over the next 30 days. I'm seeing ppl jump from D1 to rail at the end of that 30 days.---with no many statuses in between. I do track, elsewhere, and noticed those statuses such as "E" aren't reflected. But...I"ve seen some members on forums post statuses for paint, frame, etc

FLG8R

Reaction score
I'll keep calling customer service.....the lady swore that the build process should start this week, which I don't believe. She told me D1 status could last up to 30 days, but I want to see what statuses I get from them , weekly, over the next 30 days. I'm seeing ppl jump from D1 to rail at the end of that 30 days.---with no many statuses in between. I do track, elsewhere, and noticed those statuses such as "E" aren't reflected. But...I"ve seen some members on forums post statuses for paint, frame, etc
Thats because the actual build process moves very quickly, less than two days after moving out of D1 the vehicle is built (not inspected) having gone through E (Frame), F (Paint), and G (Trim). When you call or check on the status you're getting the most up to date status. When you see others saying their in E,F, or G it just happens that when they called to check thats where it was in the build. As for D1 to rail car in 30 days that would not be unusual for uncomplicated (options, accessories, etc.) builds of vehicles that are not all new designs such as these 2019 Rams.

warvet

Reaction score
yep, I agree with you totally...........I think it would be cool to have a status that says.......hey, you went from D1 to "it's rolling through the assembly line now" lol

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yep, I agree with you totally...........I think it would be cool to have a status that says.......hey, you went from D1 to "it's rolling through the assembly line now" lol
I ordered a 2005 MINI Cooper S back in '04, and the order tracking process was amazing. You could tell that BMW put some thought into making it fun for the customer. You could login at any time for an update or trigger notifications. And it would give you great detail, such as "Your MINI is being built today!" or "Your MINI is onboard the XXX (ship), destined to arrive at YYY (port) on ZZZ (date)." It was awesome, and I can't imagine it would be difficult to set up a website to do this...provided FCA is tracking the status of their own vehicle production.

FLG8R

Reaction score
I ordered a 2005 MINI Cooper S back in '04, and the order tracking process was amazing. You could tell that BMW put some thought into making it fun for the customer. You could login at any time for an update or trigger notifications. And it would give you great detail, such as "Your MINI is being built today!" or "Your MINI is onboard the XXX (ship), destined to arrive at YYY (port) on ZZZ (date)." It was awesome, and I can't imagine it would be difficult to set up a website to do this...provided FCA is tracking the status of their own vehicle production.
You brought up an old memory with this. Years ago I ordered, but did not put down a deposit (whew) on, a BMW 5 Series and was amazed with the tracking as you've mentioned. Fortunately I was also viewing the BMW forums at the time and got enough info to get cold feet when it arrived. Seems those ships can do a lot of rocking and rolling on the high seas and there are sections at the POE where they fix/repair any damage. Well mine sat up in Jacksonville for more then three weeks before being delivered. All I could think of was this highly expensive vehicle probably suffered some extensive damage. So I took the cowards way out and bailed. I've never looked back.

ryelinek

Reaction score

I believe RAM had something before customers could use to track on their own and I was told it just became too expensive to maintain. Not sure if anyone else can confirm that though.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They had VOTS but not sure why it doesn't work anymore

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You brought up an old memory with this. Years ago I ordered, but did not put down a deposit (whew) on, a BMW 5 Series and was amazed with the tracking as you've mentioned.
It was awesome. I knew the car had arrived at the dealership before my sales guy did!

Users who are viewing this thread