5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Evidence Of The Upcoming Ram Heavy Duty Are The 2019 Models:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
More Evidence Of The Upcoming Ram Heavy Duty Are The 2019 Models:
Ram Trucks Document Confirms Information...

2020-Ram-3500-HD-Laramie-Longhorn-Dually-1.jpg

For the past several months, 5thGenRams.com have been bringing you the most information possible about the upcoming Ram Heavy Duty models. Recently, we broke down how we felt that the upcoming Ram Heavy Duty models were actually updated version of the current fourth generation Heavy Duty trucks. Then, we told you how we believed that these new trucks would join the all-new Ram 1500 models as 2019 model year trucks.

To read the rest of the article, click the link below...
https://5thgenrams.com/more-evidence-of-the-upcoming-ram-heavy-duty-are-the-2019-models/

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like my plan for a 19 model 2500 may be greater than I thought.

January is gonna be a great month. Again.

CGIron

Reaction score
As the Tupy foundry in Saltillo is starting to produce blocks for the Cummins 6.7 liter diesel it will not have to travel far to the Saltillo Truck Plant. Correction. The blocks must be exported to the Cummins US Columbus MidRange Engine Plant (CMEP) and then back to Saltillo. The Swedish Co Sintercast upgraded the installation for making CGI at the Tupy Foundry in Saltillo Sintercast PR during the summer 2017 and The CEO of Tupy said at a investor conference call in June this year that a big thing in progress right now is a "convertion of an engine for a North American pickuptruck" and this means most likely a conversion from grey iron to CGI. It´s a In line diesel says the CEO of Sintercast about the mentioned engine that will be the companys first to have CGI. Cummins is the only candidate. The actual production is most likely already moving on and the ready trucks will be here some three -four months from now, early 2019. Hope the new Cummins engine is a beast.

Last edited:

haywaj

Reaction score
As the Tupy foundry in Saltillo is starting to produce blocks for the Cummins 6.7 liter diesel it will not have to travel far to the Saltillo Truck Plant. Correction. The blocks must be exported to the Cummins US Columbus MidRange Engine Plant (CMEP) and then back to Saltillo. The Swedish Co Sintercast upgraded the installation for making CGI at the Tupy Foundry in Saltillo Sintercast PR during the summer 2017 and The CEO of Tupy said at a investor conference call in June this year that a big thing in progress right now is a "convertion of an engine for a North American pickuptruck" and this means most likely a conversion from grey iron to CGI. It´s a In line diesel says the CEO of Sintercast about the mentioned engine that will be the companys first to have CGI. Cummins is the only candidate. The actual production is most likely already moving on and the ready trucks will be here some three -four months from now, early 2019. Hope the new Cummins engine is a beast.
Dying for more details on this engine!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So 2019 which will be at NAIAS will be a refreshed 4th Gen that will look similar to the 5th Gen 1500, but remain using 4th Gen Parts.

Then for 2020(2021 model) the HD will become a 5th Gen and the 1500 will get a refresh of sorts.

The 2021 calendar we get the TRX and possibly a new Powerwagon(me wishing and hoping)

Am I following this right or am I off. Calendar and model year are confusing, but I think I covered the plan correctly.

Phoon

Reaction score
The bigger questions is, why extensively update the old cab rather than use the new one? It seems like after all the investment in the 1500, and all the investment to update the old cab and interior of the HD they would have been better off going with the new body.....

I'm sure they have reasons, but it just seems like a strange way of going about it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The bigger questions is, why extensively update the old cab rather than use the new one? It seems like after all the investment in the 1500, and all the investment to update the old cab and interior of the HD they would have been better off going with the new body.....

I'm sure they have reasons, but it just seems like a strange way of going about it.
Well really all they got to do is some dash work, fenders, hood, and the grilles will make a 4th gen look like a 5th gen. They were probably tweaking these areas for newer headlights and are probably well into the 5th gen, so just a few mounting points to be tweaked to make it work.

Phoon

Reaction score
I remember seeing interior shots with a new style dash, i assume this would not be a direct bolt in from the new 1500, between that and new fenders hood and box and bumpers it seems like tons of updating where it would be easier to just go to the new better body. Wouldn't HD customers appreciate the quieter and more spacious new cab rather than just new styling on the old truck? My fourth gens would sometimes whistle from the door edges if there was a cross wind, the new cab is much more airtight and quiet as well as the extra space in the back.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I remember seeing interior shots with a new style dash, i assume this would not be a direct bolt in from the new 1500, between that and new fenders hood and box and bumpers it seems like tons of updating where it would be easier to just go to the new better body. Wouldn't HD customers appreciate the quieter and more spacious new cab rather than just new styling on the old truck? My fourth gens would sometimes whistle from the door edges if there was a cross wind, the new cab is much more airtight and quiet as well as the extra space in the back.
I believe it has alot to do with the plant shuffle

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, when I was about to purchase that 2018 HD, ordering closed the week I was working the deal.

November 19th was to open new orders. Production start date of Jan 2.

We seen the chart From Ram saying these dates may change.

The NAIAS is January 19th, so that is to be the Debut of the refreshed 2019 Ram HD.

Now this is where I have a bit of confusion. Other than going on a leap of faith, how do you order a truck on November 19th, that you won't even know what it looks like til 2 months later. (Minus some misplaced camo)

Interesting times. All these new packages and trims on the challenger, coupled with wanting a 2019 1500 or HD has me dizzy.

Here is hoping the tickets for the Powerball work out. Only way I can see taming my need for all this Mopar goodness.

Note: checking dates...going from memory, which isn't all that good anymore

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guesses lead to conversation and that leads to answers. I see there is a big spot for FCA.

Not real familiar with that show. Anything is possible with the marketing team #ifyouknowyouknow

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
November 19th was to open new orders. Production start date of Jan 2
The form I saw this on now says it did open on November 9th...hmm

7 weeks 4 days a few hours and we will see what we are getting.

Now, the sheet I seen is for fleets, so guess they really would not care what it looked like...but they would have to know if an upgrade to the 8speed is a available and such.

Hmm

KLSU

Reaction score
Somebody on my Facebook feed shared a link to a site that had these Pics on their page but for the life of me I can't find out where it came from again. 2019 RamHD.PNG 2019 RamHD1.PNG

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Somebody on my Facebook feed shared a link to a site that had these Pics on their page but for the life of me I can't find out where it came from again.
Yes, they were deemed not even close. Still good renders though

wolf1776

Reaction score
Anybody know when the 2020 RAM 1500 will hit dealerships? I'm going to order a 19 the second week of December, probably wont be here until Feb. Wondering if I should wait for the 2020....any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread