5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan - $25 over Dealer Cost!--NOW OFFERING PAYMENT PLANS ONLINE!!

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings,

I wanted to announce a special for the month of May for the members of the 5th Gen Ram community. As a thank you for welcoming us to this communtiy. We wanted to offer Mopar Vehicle Protection plans for $50 over our dealer cost! We can offer this coverage up to 3 years or 36,000 miles from the in-service date on any Ram 1500 (or other Mopar vehicle you have in the garage). This represents a savings of $1500-$2000 from list pricing at most dealerships. We want to be an asset to the Ram truck community and felt like this would be a great way to help.

How do you get this started?

Please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Name
Address
Phone number
VIN
Approximate mileage on Ram 1500 now
Coverage desired (years and mileage)

The entire process will be handled seamlessly online by electronic signature and a secure electronic deposit. Your contract will be in force within 2-3 business days of completion of the deposit and electronic signature. Mopar's Vehicle Protection Contracts are valid nationwide and will update electronically within their system showing your contract status, so you won't need a paper copy of the contract to bring with you, should a repair be necessary. It will all show up on Chrysler's VIP Summary.

Have another Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat or Alfa Romeo vehicle you'd like to add coverage to? Our pricing will be $50 over dealer cost as well. This should meet or exceed any other pricing you find online. The process is initiated the same way by emailing [email protected] with the information above.

This offer is good for anywhere in the U.S. with the exception of the state of Florida.

Again, we want to thank this welcoming community here and appreciate the opportunity to help wherever we can!

Zach

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Zach, I’m a little confused on this offer. How does it differ from the factory warranty (which is good until 3 years or 36,000 miles)?

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Zach, I’m a little confused on this offer. How does it differ from the factory warranty (which is good until 3 years or 36,000 miles)?
This is a Mopar extended warranty that can be purchased up to 8 years or 125,000 miles. The protection plans include MaxCare (similar to factory warranty) down to powertrain coverage.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is a Mopar extended warranty that can be purchased up to 8 years or 125,000 miles. The protection plans include MaxCare (similar to factory warranty) down to powertrain coverage.
Ok, I was just a little confused by this statement:
We can offer this coverage up to 3 years or 36,000 miles from the in-service date on any Ram 1500 (or other Mopar vehicle you have in the garage).
I guess you meant that you can sell this until the 3 year point. It sounded like you can offer up to 3 years of protection.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, I was just a little confused by this statement:
We can offer this coverage up to 3 years or 36,000 miles from the in-service date on any Ram 1500 (or other Mopar vehicle you have in the garage).
I guess you meant that you can sell this until the 3 year point. It sounded like you can offer up to 3 years of protection.
Yes, sorry for the confusion. We can still offer this coverage while the vehicle is covered under factory warranty.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
There was a price increase the beginning of the month on Mopar service contracts. If you are interested, I would recommend you purchasing sooner than later. 1 benefit of a Mopar contract is that you are locking in your repairs at today's rates, not 5 years from now.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
ZACH @ Granger, you're a little late to the "esp specials". Every since I've been on the forum (2018), Zeigler has provided forum member years of discounts.
I'm sure several other members will verify their great experience with Zeigler. Zeigler has stated a number of times, he won't be beat on price. would be interesting how you compare . . .
Yes, I know we're certainly not the first there's no question about that. We just want to provide another option and for those who are looking to purchase a vehicle at a discount, we can be a one stop shop with the service contract and vehicle for a great price.

U

User_3336

Yes, I know we're certainly not the first there's no question about that. We just want to provide another option and for those who are looking to purchase a vehicle at a discount, we can be a one stop shop with the service contract and vehicle for a great price.
Price is a tempting factor. word of mouth with sales experiences is good as well.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry for the confusion. We can still offer this coverage while the vehicle is covered under factory warranty.
Extended warranties have always been confusing to me. I made the mistake of just trusting the sales rep (big mistake) when I bought my first car from a dealership. I attribute that to inexperience (I was 23 at the time). I've generally stayed away from extended warranties since then. Here's my take on them, please correct me if anything I say is wrong.

1. They do not cover everything the factory b to b warranty covers. Things like the cracked rear window frame, bubbling leather dash cover, interior soft surfaces in general, are not covered.

2. What good is having extended warranty coverage while my factory warranty is still in effect? From what I've seen, extended warranties go into effect when you purchase them, and run concurrent with any factory warranty. I'd be more interested in purchasing an extended warranty if it didn't go into effect until the factory warranty expires.

3. Even when you have what you feel to be a valid claim, getting them to actually cover something can sometimes be difficult. It seems they fight you every step of the way.

4. Dealership sales reps can and do lie to you every chance they get. As long as it's not in writing, there's nothing a buyer can do about that after the paperwork is signed. I think they purposely keep buyers in the dark about what extended warranties actually cover. What salesman wants an informed buyer that is smart with their money?

After what I went through with that first purchase, I'm more than a little apprehensive about buying another one.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mikeru82, These questions have been answered many times in many other extended warranty threads.
Surely, as long as you've been a member on here, you've read them.
Great response. You're right, they have been addressed. But the problems with forums, as I'm sure you're aware, is that anyone with a keyboard or phone can post. There is always conflicting information. So how is a person supposed to know who to believe? If I felt the responses people give in those threads was credible I wouldn't have posted what you quoted. I'm addressing them to someone who is selling these contracts in the hopes of getting straight answers. But I appreciate your attempt at scolding me ;)

U

User_3336

Extended warranties have always been confusing to me. I made the mistake of just trusting the sales rep (big mistake) when I bought my first car from a dealership. I attribute that to inexperience (I was 23 at the time). I've generally stayed away from extended warranties since then. Here's my take on them, please correct me if anything I say is wrong.

1. They do not cover everything the factory b to b warranty covers. Things like the cracked rear window frame, bubbling leather dash cover, interior soft surfaces in general, are not covered.
Its not a "b to b" extended warranty. No extended car warranty is ever. However, the list of what is "included" is far more lengthy that what is not. Have you ever looked at the Mopar ESP brochure.
2. What good is having extended warranty coverage while my factory warranty is still in effect? From what I've seen, extended warranties go into effect when you purchase them, and run concurrent with any factory warranty. I'd be more interested in purchasing an extended warranty if it didn't go into effect until the factory warranty expires.
PRICE! The price goes up $200 after 12months/12000 miles, and for every increment of that duration. There are a few other perks of buying early such as key fob replacements, and car rental (again, refer to the Mopar ESP brochure). Its the same way with any other manufacturer. The only disadvantage is if you buy it early, trade/sell your truck, and then request a refund of the ESP, you're going to get a pro-rated refund of extended warranty coverage you've yet to use (depending on WHEN you cancel and mileage) I'd rather buy early and save the extra $200.
3. Even when you have what you feel to be a valid claim, getting them to actually cover something can sometimes be difficult. It seems they fight you every step of the way.
Are you speaking from experience? or are you just basing that statement on other forum members experiences? You only hear a handful of experiences here versus the thousands of ESP's sold (and Ram's sold for that matter).

4. Dealership sales reps can and do lie to you every chance they get. As long as it's not in writing, there's nothing a buyer can do about that after the paperwork is signed. I think they purposely keep buyers in the dark about what extended warranties actually cover. What salesman wants an informed buyer that is smart with their money?
If one didn't ask to see the ESP brochure or partially skim over the contract, then that is the BUYERS fault, not the dealers. you certainly have the option to DECLINE any add-ons in the finance office!

After what I went through with that first purchase, I'm more than a little apprehensive about buying another one.

Do these answers help you any?

Last edited by a moderator:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Book marking this, I need to decide on an aftermarket warranty soon. Kinda disappointed none of them I've seen so far will cover our back window frame cracks should I get it in the future. or paint, water leak intrusion, body seals, etc.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Its not a "b to b" extended warranty. No extended car warranty is ever. However, the list of what is "included" is far more lengthy that what is not. Have you ever looked at the Mopar ESP brochure.

PRICE! The price goes up $200 after 12months/12000 miles, and for every increment of that duration. There are a few other perks of buying early such as key fob replacements, and car rental (again, refer to the Mopar ESP brochure). Its the same way with any other manufacturer. The only disadvantage is if you buy it early, trade/sell your truck, and then request a refund of the ESP, you're going to get a pro-rated refund of extended warranty coverage you've yet to use (depending on WHEN you cancel and mileage) I'd rather buy early and save the extra $200.

Are you speaking from experience? or are you just basing that statement on other forum members experiences? You only hear a handful of experiences here versus the thousands of ESP's sold (and Ram's sold for that matter).

If one didn't ask to see the ESP brochure or partially skim over the contract, then that is the BUYERS fault, not the dealers. you certainly have the option to DECLINE any add-ons in the finance office!

Do these answers help you any?
I don't have the time to pick that apart LOL. Suffice it to say I have experience with extended warranties. And have found out the hard way what they did and did not cover. I agree, anyone looking to buy one needs to carefully read through the contract to be aware of what to expect. I'm just saying a lot of people are lied to and told that their max care warranty covers the same things as the factory warranty. Some even say it's b to b. But as you know, they are not.

Zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don't have the time to pick that apart LOL. Suffice it to say I have experience with extended warranties. And have found out the hard way what they did and did not cover. I agree, anyone looking to buy one needs to carefully read through the contract to be aware of what to expect. I'm just saying a lot of people are lied to and told that their max care warranty covers the same things as the factory warranty. Some even say it's b to b. But as you know, they are not.
Yes, certainly that is why we're making this offer as straight-forward as possible and offering the Mopar warranty at an excellent price. We send the copy of the contract to electronically sign and review before payment as well so there is a clear understanding on what is and is not covered.

Users who are viewing this thread