5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar power running board self install weirdness

Tmoney76

Reaction score
Installed the mopar power running board kit on my 21 Laramie this morning and everything went as planned and the boards functioned as anticipated UNTIL I started driving down the road both side would extend and retract about every 10 seconds. Is that Normal behavior if you haven’t had the sales code flashed to the u connect?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t heard of that before. Sounds like you may have a wire shorting to ground intermittently.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
I put mine in a 21 Big Horn two days ago and mine have not done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tmoney76

Reaction score
It’s really weird. Only does it above 15 mph and when the speed drops below 15 mph it stops and the steps will immediately retract and not extend if below 15mph

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess is
It’s really weird. Only does it above 15 mph and when the speed drops below 15 mph it stops and the steps will immediately retract and not extend if below 15mph
My guess is you should re-check your wiring. Recall something in a way earlier thread similar what you are seeing and either a connection wasn't seated right or misplaced wiring. If you are sure you have it right, it may be a bad module.

Tmoney76

Reaction score
My guess is

My guess is you should re-check your wiring. Recall something in a way earlier thread similar what you are seeing and either a connection wasn't seated right or misplaced wiring. If you are sure you have it right, it may be a bad module.
I’m at a loss. Checked all the wiring 3 times, moved the ground and changed where it plugs into the white board in the truck. Only thing left is the control board.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m at a loss. Checked all the wiring 3 times, moved the ground and changed where it plugs into the white board in the truck. Only thing left is the control board.
May not be a bad idea to bring it in to a trusted dealer service center and have them flash the sales code in your uconnect so you can get full functionality. At the same time they can take a look at your wiring to see if anything looks off.

Tmoney76

Reaction score
May not be a bad idea to bring it in to a trusted dealer service center and have them flash the sales code in your uconnect so you can get full functionality. At the same time they can take a look at your wiring to see if anything looks off.
Took it to the dealer and they flashed the system and work fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread