5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR OEM PARTS DIRECT - aka Grand Junction CJDR of Grand Junction, CO - DO NOT PURCHASE PARTS ONLINE FROM THESE FOOLS

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing from MOPAR OEM PARTS DIRECT as these guys are crooks. When you place an order online, they give you a price for shipping however it is an estimated price. I've found their price of shipping is actually 40% to 50% higher than the "estimate" price whereby they charge your credit card the difference after they ship the part. I ordered a couple of parts from them and instead of shipping them in the color I ordered, they made a command decision that based upon my VIN they would send black mirror caps...not the body color I wanted to replace my existing caps which are black. I was so disgusted with these fools that I cancelled another order and was immediately informed they hit me with a 15% restocking fee despite the fact the part has never shipped. A bunch of crooks.

ben b

Reaction score
That petty stuff is so annoying. Thanks for posting your experience to let us all know who to avoid.

ShortStack

Reaction score
These guys are no more than a dealership not an actual parts store. I was going to order something from them but then started reading about wrong parts, broken parts and other return stuff. They charge 15% and you have to pay shipping even if they screwed it up. If I have to order from a dealer I go down to my dealer for the part as I have to pay tax on it anyway but I don't pay shipping. If you are face to face with the parts guy you get a fixed price and my dealer gets deliveries twice a week.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up on these clowns. I usually order from accessory.parts for aftermarket or BAM when buying OEM parts online. Nothing but good experiences with both so far.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up on these clowns. I usually order from accessory.parts or BAM when buying OEM parts online. Nothing but good experiences with both so far.
Agree 100% with BAM. They have always been stellar with every purchase. I tried to go cheap with the other guys and cheap is typically never good. I’ll stick with BAM or my local dealer from now on.

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up on these clowns. I usually order from accessory.parts for aftermarket or BAM when buying OEM parts online. Nothing but good experiences with both so far.
Thanks for the recommendation! We also are pretty competitive with BAM on Prices/ Shipping for OEM parts as well! We can't always beat online prices but when we can't I do my best to still find you the best price I can (even if it's not through us). We are in the business of saving people money and creating long term relationships, not just one off sales that leaves a sour taste in someone's mouth!

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! We also are pretty competitive with BAM on Prices/ Shipping for OEM parts as well! We can't always beat online prices but when we can't I do my best to still find you the best price I can (even if it's not through us). We are in the business of saving people money and creating long term relationships, not just one off sales that leaves a sour taste in someone's mouth!
I didn’t realize we had a MOPAR parts vendor on the forum. I’ll send you a PM momentarily. Thanks!

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to check your OEM prices out again next time I'm looking for parts.

I was so disgusted with these fools that I cancelled another order and was immediately informed they hit me with a 15% restocking fee despite the fact the part has never shipped. A bunch of crooks.
I have a question about this restocking fee...How much time went by from when you placed the order to when you cancelled it? In their defense, even if they hadn't shipped the item yet, they still do work to get the order ready to ship. And this costs them money. It's common for a parts house to charge a restocking fee if you cancelled the order after a certain amount of time has elapsed. Even BAM will charge this fee if you cancel more than 24 hours after placing the order.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A heads up for anyone thinking of purchasing from MOPAR OEM PARTS DIRECT as these guys are crooks. When you place an order online, they give you a price for shipping however it is an estimated price. I've found their price of shipping is actually 40% to 50% higher than the "estimate" price whereby they charge your credit card the difference after they ship the part. I ordered a couple of parts from them and instead of shipping them in the color I ordered, they made a command decision that based upon my VIN they would send black mirror caps...not the body color I wanted to replace my existing caps which are black. I was so disgusted with these fools that I cancelled another order and was immediately informed they hit me with a 15% restocking fee despite the fact the part has never shipped. A bunch of crooks.
The shipping estimates are crap, but do you realize that the dealers also technically charge a restocking fee? It’s up to them to absorb it or not.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no issues paying a restocking fee (and have done so in the past without issue) unless the parts department screws up an order and sends me something I did not order…like the primer’d mirror caps instead of the PR4 caps I ordered.

As for the restocking fee these fools charged me, I placed the order on 2/11 and was informed there was a 1-2 day lead time before shipment. I followed up on 2/17 as to status and crickets. I cancelled on 2/23 whereupon they informed me it had just miraculously arrived thus they are proceeding to cancel and charge me a 15% restocking fee.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If they screwed you over, you can always initiate a Credit Card Chargeback.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they screwed you over, you can always initiate a Credit Card Chargeback.
Agree, I submitted it yesterday.

And I just placed my order with Accessory.Parts - extremely competitive, fast response via this forum and great to deal with!

Last edited:

HookedonRam

Reaction score
I emailed Andrew with a long list of OEM parts and I'm still yet to get a quote back. Are you guys still selling OEM parts?

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
I emailed Andrew with a long list of OEM parts and I'm still yet to get a quote back. Are you guys still selling OEM parts?

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
Hey Chad, sorry I ended up out sick for 2 weeks and been trying to catch back up. I'll work on getting that sent over to you this evening!

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Hey Chad, sorry I ended up out sick for 2 weeks and been trying to catch back up. I'll work on getting that sent over to you this evening!

Ok, thanks. I just got everything for the trailer brake so I’ll need a quote for everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hope you’re doing ok, @NorthStar
Thanks for askingI MD Anderson has once again performed a miracle with the good Lord's blessing and it appears I'll get to spend another twenty or thirty years watching my grandson grow up. I lost my all but 3" of my esophagus and 1/2 of my stomach, have enough scars to dress up on Halloween as an American who got into a knife fight in a Mexico City cantina, and eating/sleeping habits are forever changed but I feel great. The eight hour surgery was exactly six weeks ago today and I'm on the mend...now once these crazy prices/interest rates will settle down, I'm ready to get a new Laramie. Until then, I'll keep driving our small, easy to park in the MD Anderson parking garage, and faithful Honda that got me back/forth to chemo/radiation and surgery.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for askingI MD Anderson has once again performed a miracle with the good Lord's blessing and it appears I'll get to spend another twenty or thirty years watching my grandson grow up. I lost my all but 3" of my esophagus and 1/2 of my stomach, have enough scars to dress up on Halloween as an American who got into a knife fight in a Mexico City cantina, and eating/sleeping habits are forever changed but I feel great. The eight hour surgery was exactly six weeks ago today and I'm on the mend...now once these crazy prices/interest rates will settle down, I'm ready to get a new Laramie. Until then, I'll keep driving our small, easy to park in the MD Anderson parking garage, and faithful Honda that got me back/forth to chemo/radiation and surgery.
That sounds terrible, but glad you made it through and are feeling great. 👍👍

Users who are viewing this thread