5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Cat-Back system

brotherGood

Reaction score
Disclaimer*

This won't be a true write up as it was a last minute install decision and I didn't have time to take proper clips/pictures/notes.

That being said, I pulled the trigger and ordered the system through the dealership Monday. Had to give him the actual part number as he couldn't find it easily in his system (still not sure why) but with 15% off through Mopar I paid $1,190 OTD. Parts arrived by 11am next day, and I conned the wife into taking the truck to pick them up while I was at work. At 5:30, I talked the maintenance guy into helping me install while at work, and in total it took us about an hour and a half. That time includes him running up to the cage (at the other end of the factory, as well as nor working around the fact we didn't even jack the truck up.

The biggest pain were the bushings for the hangers, but after a few NSFW words, they were handled. Had to cut the old pipe over the axle to get it out, solely for the fact it was on the ground. Had it been in the air, no cuts required (read:follow directions dummy)

Installation was much easier than removal, aside from bushings again (read:follow directions dummy). Still need to bring one of the tips in as it sticks out unevenly, but overall first impressions are great. Sound is excellent..tame under normal driving conditions and when you get on it-its an animal.

There was back and forth as to whether it was a rebranded Borla. I'm not sure which one, but the first thing you see when opening the box is tape holding the clamps down that literally say "Borla installation accessories" (or something to that extent). Aside from that, it is a quality piece and I have already told the wife if she ends up with a Hemi anything when her lease is up, it will see this mod 2nd (tint is a must)

Told a buddy about it, and he promptly brought his 5th gen down to check it yesterday morning. I had him line up next to me for the before and after clip below.

More clips to come soon, fire away with any questions/comments/concerns.

redneck

Reaction score
you could try the magnet test. if a magnet sticks to it =409 my corsa system is 304 & the magnet falls right off

brotherGood

Reaction score
What does it sound like in eco (V4) mode? Many performance exhausts sound horrible in that mode. That's my biggest concern.
I honestly don't know when it's switching. It's louder throughout, but tame when cruising. When I get on it (at any percent really) it roars to life.

I had heard that be a point of interest with other exhausts, as well as drone. Best thing I can say is it sounds much more like you'd expect from a HEMI throughout, and I have yet to encounter drone.

redneck

Reaction score
in the cab it is very hard to tell when it is in eco mode i have herd a few drive by me while im walking on the sidewalk & you can hear the difference but the average person wont know what the sound is. & yes the stype is quiet on the interstate at 85 all you hear is wind & tire noise

Users who are viewing this thread