5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Cat back + Ram Airflow

RAMSPORT2021

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing drone with the Mopar Catback around 1700rpm? I thought this was the no-drone solution.

pneary399

Reaction score
Other than the drone, how do you like this setup and the sound? I’ve been thinking about adding this and was wondering how much louder it’s is over the stock setup. I’m not looking to go much louder than stock, just looking for better tone really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Borla Type-S (IIRC Borla makes the MOPAR RAM catback) and there is a very mild drone around that RPM in my truck (I don't even notice it now unless I'm trying to listen for it), though compared to a regular universal muffler swap it's night and day. Some people have had success with putting in the Borla resonator if it does bother you.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other than the drone, how do you like this setup and the sound? I’ve been thinking about adding this and was wondering how much louder it’s is over the stock setup. I’m not looking to go much louder than stock, just looking for better tone really.

It is quite a bit louder than stock. If volume is a concern I recommend you track someone down to listen in person before buying, recorded audio doesn't do the sound justice.

RAMSPORT2021

Reaction score
I’ve deceived to stop listening for that very subtle drone at 1700rpm and have been really appreciating this setup. I’m not even sure that what I was hearing can be classified as drone. It’s loud af when you honk on it, and cold start is definitely noticeable, but I would 100% do this again.

Orion10182011

Reaction score

Drone is the worst! I buy Corsa becuase I absolutely don't want a vehicle with drone ever again.

DBLX

Reaction score
I’m very interested in your thoughts about the ram air? I‘ve been itching to pull the trigger but I do not want to waste a grand. Some say it’s no value… I question that based on Ram putting it on the GT. They wouldn’t do that for nothing. Thoughts?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m very interested in your thoughts about the ram air? I‘ve been itching to pull the trigger but I do not want to waste a grand. Some say it’s no value… I question that based on Ram putting it on the GT. They wouldn’t do that for nothing. Thoughts?
They could be doing it for the looks and charging you for it?
Last time I looked the package was $3500 which is pretty expensive for an exhaust, cold air intake, paddle shifters, and a regular shifter that comes standard in pretty much any other car\truck.

This is really the age old question "is a cai really worth it"
It might give you a little more HP that may or may not be noticeable.
You can also find the intake for around $750 here on the forums.

People also claim to sometimes hear different attractive sounds with different cold air intakes, keep in mind that if you let your truck go to 4 cylinder mode the sound will be different on the exhaust and COULD be different on the air intake (if you claim you can hear it).

I spend a bunch of money on my trucks for mods and cold air intakes really depend on the car\truck. I don't know if I can realistically expect any meaning full gains on a ram 1500 with a cold air intake Ram Air and most certainly not $1000 worth compared to other mods you can do for the same price.

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
I have a Mopar Catback. There’s been a couple of times something was playing on the radio and something goofy happened to the sound (bass). Like the exhaust is in sync with a certain frequency in the music and amplifies that frequency . Like mentioned, it only happened a couple of times. Next time I’ll try to remember the song and see if I can reproduce it.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Mopar Catback. There’s been a couple of times something was playing on the radio and something goofy happened to the sound (bass). Like the exhaust is in sync with a certain frequency in the music and amplifies that frequency . Like mentioned, it only happened a couple of times. Next time I’ll try to remember the song and see if I can reproduce it.
Potentially triggered the ANC?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
They could be doing it for the looks and charging you for it?
Last time I looked the package was $3500 which is pretty expensive for an exhaust, cold air intake, paddle shifters, and a regular shifter that comes standard in pretty much any other car\truck.
Hey you forgot about the G/T stickers!

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Got my Airflow install scheduled for 5/11….
Now if I ever got an itch would a Procharger still fit?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got my Airflow install scheduled for 5/11….
Now if I ever got an itch would a Procharger still fit?
I don't see how you could keep the RamAir intake if you add a Procharger. SC sends air to the intake after the air filter, you don't really want to force compressed air through a paper filter

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
So I had my “Secret Shaker” installed this morning. It does enhance/compliment the Mopar Catback exhaust sound in my opinion.
There’s a lower/deeper rumble/roar when you have both the Mopar exhaust and intake. Bit louder too probably, loving it so far.

Attachments

• 1BBBBD0C-490A-4078-BFA3-DA4F9F9E9243.jpeg
    1BBBBD0C-490A-4078-BFA3-DA4F9F9E9243.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 120

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/