5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2 inch lift cause warning light?

rdz418

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
I am having the dealer install the Mopar 2 inch lift on my 2020 Ram Laramie. They said they wanted to advise me that they have installed the kit on 2 previous trucks and it caused a traction control warning light. I searched, but couldn’t find any mention of anyone else having this issue. If you have had a lift kit installed, have you had any issues? TIA for any help on this.

UNKALJ

Reaction score
I haven't seen anything about a lift causing the traction control warning light to come one. I have seen reports around the web of it coming on if placing larger tires and not recalibrating the speedo it could happen. I put a 3.5" lift on my 2020 1500 Big Horn Friday along with 35's and haven't had any warning lights yet. However, I just ordered Rough Country Speedometer Calibrator to address the speedo being a few miles off and updating the shift points.

wiendog

Reaction score
I had ESC Traction issues for three months dealer finally removed the kit said it was not for my Quad Cab

Bubba33

Reaction score
Ive just seen the issue with the quad cab. I have the 2in RC struts and 1.5 rear coil spacers on my crew with no issues .

Douglasmtn

Reaction score
Do you have the 6' bed? If so, this may be your problem. I was told by my dealer that for some reason, the Mopar 2" lift will not work on the longer bed. While it would fit, I was told that it would trigger the traction control light and that they would not be able to reset it.

Hereford

Reaction score
Is it just the mopar kit causing problems with the 6ft 4in bed trucks?

Ram909

Reaction score
Just installed mopar lift and my traction lights came on and disabled the 4x4 any ideas or solutions yet I do have the alphaobd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clyde

Reaction score
Do you have the 6' bed? If so, this may be your problem. I was told by my dealer that for some reason, the Mopar 2" lift will not work on the longer bed. While it would fit, I was told that it would trigger the traction control light and that they would not be able to reset it.
I was told the exact opposite from my dealer... that the Mopar lift is only for trucks with the 6’4” bed.

I have the Mopar lift & 6’4” bed, no issues or light. My truck is a 4x2.

P Palmer

Reaction score
I am having the dealer install the Mopar 2 inch lift on my 2020 Ram Laramie. They said they wanted to advise me that they have installed the kit on 2 previous trucks and it caused a traction control warning light. I searched, but couldn’t find any mention of anyone else having this issue. If you have had a lift kit installed, have you had any issues? TIA for any help on this.
No issues here. 2020 crew cab. Short bed.

spinxt

Reaction score
No issues here. 2020 crew cab. Short bed.
Dealers are CLUELESS.
I’ve had the Mopar lift with the short bed crew cab with zero issues for 10k miles.

Had anyone with the long bed AND 4x4 installed the MOPAR lift successfully without and traction/ CELs?

this is perplexing me and driving me crazy figuring out what could be issue with the bed. Here’s a thought...if you removed the bed completely, how the hell would the truck know what bed it has?

Rod19

Reaction score
I’ve had my 2” lift in for 14 months. No problem. 6’4” bed. 2019 Ram 1500. I had mine installed by 4 Wheel Parts in Denver.

Clyde

Reaction score
Just installed mopar lift and my traction lights came on and disabled the 4x4 any ideas or solutions yet I do have the alphaobd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ram909

Did you get this resolved yet?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bump! I have the 2"Mopar on a crew cab short bed and having the same issue. I also have ORP springs installed in the front. Any insight on this issue would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread