5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 2” lift I did it. Well wish “I” did do it myself.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
My first lift BTW

I will keep the dealership who did the work in the total dip **** department, they trashed the old control atms with a pickle fork (dope) and had the gall to tell me I should have told them I wanted the old parts. So no selling those, and I made them dig up my barly used shocks and give them back. That is only part of it so I will no longer boor you with my digressions.

I love the lift!! The ride is so much better yes better. I will describe it like this, the original ride was great but hiting speed bumps it was soft and a little bouncy how it recoverd, and now it is a little stiffer and no bounce great recovery. Steering is very responsive.

I do feel it was over priced at $1100 (ebay) for what it actualy is.
Install was $880 plus tax that is Seattle for you (outrageous).
Install, dealership, dont think I will ever go back there again, sucks because it is close to me.
Finished product 8 out of 10 would be a 10 if it weren't for price.

jamesfg

Reaction score
$800 install, what's their shop rates? That's a 2.5 hour install by the book.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the Mopar 2” lift club. I made sure that I got all of my parts back in pristine shape. No way was I leaving good stuff there for them to gain from. Also I do agree that the price for the parts is on the high side, but that’s oem for yaaa. 644F1862-A3EA-4D16-9248-1FC3268E4941.jpeg 644F1862-A3EA-4D16-9248-1FC3268E4941.jpeg

BossHawg

Reaction score
I’m about to get mine put on sometime soon hopefully. A guy who works at the dealer that I wish I got my truck from recommended putting a leveling kit on with it to get rid of the rake and help clear the 35’s.

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. So are you going with the Mopar lift kit, or just doing the level kit ? The reason I say this is the Mopar kit as far as my personal experience does nothing to remove the factory rake. :)

BossHawg

Reaction score
This guy puts all the lifts on at the dealership and he said what he does is puts the mopar lift on and adds an extra 3/4 spacer to the front to get rid of the rake. He game me the spacer for free it’s actually a rough country leveling kit for the 4 gen ram. He said they have done around 15 like that. Here is one I saw when I was there 58FC1063-AB6C-4231-9A92-A41EFF28C417.jpeg

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Well priced it out at 4 shops one off road specalist 2 local shops that are good and the dealer, dealer was cheapest, dealer shop rates for lift $110 hour mopar has the lift at 4 hours dont know if that includes the alignment and headlamp adjustment.

I am fine with the rake I pull a boat allot duck hunting and bass fishing so all year.
Im 50 so dont care about how cool I look,

Boss that is a cool dealer for sure and love the level look but Put a load on it then it squats pic the poison.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
PS i will get some picks up with the stockers.
All shops were close in price the off road specalist shop that was highly recommended was the most. Think Seattle Median house cost 750 ish
I talked with several great people on here about cost I could not find it in seattle.
Like I said I should have done it.

BossHawg

Reaction score
Well priced it out at 4 shops one off road specalist 2 local shops that are good and the dealer, dealer was cheapest, dealer shop rates for lift $110 hour mopar has the lift at 4 hours dont know if that includes the alignment and headlamp adjustment.

I am fine with the rake I pull a boat allot duck hunting and bass fishing so all year.
Im 50 so dont care about how cool I look,

Boss that is a cool dealer for sure and love the level look but Put a load on it then it squats pic the poison.

I don’t care about the rake I did it because he said it would rub with my stock wheels and 35s. It was also free so that’s extra nice. I’m getting it done through the dealer I bought my truck from that guy works at another dealer. He just is helping me out cause my dealer tried to bait and switch me with a rough country lift and he didn’t like that. Said after they put it on to bring it by and he will check it out make sure everything looks good. It’s nice to know there are some extremely nice people out there willing to help.

jamesfg

Reaction score
No way on God's green earth I'm going to pay shop labor rates to install a lift. RC's install time for their lift is 7 to 8 hours and that just sounds like I call up two of my most mechanically inclined buddies and we spend an afternoon in the garage turning wrenches and bs'g along the way.

Cattail cruncher

Reaction score
Wish I had that here, Might have done it if I had a good dealer, Im still happy
Just allot less beer cash.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This guy puts all the lifts on at the dealership and he said what he does is puts the mopar lift on and adds an extra 3/4 spacer to the front to get rid of the rake. He game me the spacer for free it’s actually a rough country leveling kit for the 4 gen ram. He said they have done around 15 like that. Here is one I saw when I was there View attachment 5026
that helps my local dealer had one on the lot and the rake with 35s looked stupid

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not everyone is mechanically inclined nor might have the time and rather pay to install.

Alignment value is at least a 100 too

Don’t think you did to bad and congrats on the lift

PorBoy

Reaction score
I am mechanically inclined yet have no problem leaving things to people who get paid to do them. I also feel we can’t post what we paid and expect everyone to be excited and yell out that was a great deal. People slammed me ( Not on here ) for what I paid out to buy and have my Mopar lift installed. I had to look at my wallet to make sure there weren’t several others adding funds to it ha ha ha.

As long as we enjoy what we are doing I say continue to do just that. :)

PorBoy

Reaction score
It’s easy just sell everything that means anything to you, and use that money to feed your modding needs lol.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This guy puts all the lifts on at the dealership and he said what he does is puts the mopar lift on and adds an extra 3/4 spacer to the front to get rid of the rake. He game me the spacer for free it’s actually a rough country leveling kit for the 4 gen ram. He said they have done around 15 like that. Here is one I saw when I was there View attachment 5026
Is it a 3/4" lift spacer, or is the spacer itself actually 3/4" thick? If its 3/4" thick it is actually raising the truck an additional 1-1/2" turning the mopar 2" into a 3.5" front 2" rear just like the ready lift 3.5 and rough country 3.5

BossHawg

Reaction score
Is it a 3/4" lift spacer, or is the spacer itself actually 3/4" thick? If its 3/4" thick it is actually raising the truck an additional 1-1/2" turning the mopar 2" into a 3.5" front 2" rear just like the ready lift 3.5 and rough country 3.5
What he gave me was the rough country leveling kit for the last gen ram. That’s what he said they think works best.

Users who are viewing this thread