5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing rear inner fender wells

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 Big horn is missing the full rear inner fender wells. Is this normal? I see some other 19's have full rear inner fender wells. This is not good. Anyone else notice this?

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Check your window sticker. It is not standard equipment...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Check your window sticker. It is not standard equipment...

Depends on the trim. It was standard on my Limited, so it's not listed on my window sticker.
Not sure what OPs trim is since it's not noted on his signature.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rear wheel well liners are an option but can be added as an accessory.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the trim. It was standard on my Limited, so it's not listed on my window sticker.
Not sure what OPs trim is since it's not noted on his signature.

OP states he has a 2019 Bighorn.

TXSportDiver

Reaction score
There's good information in this post and video about adding rear wheelhouse liners.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 Ram 1500 Big horn is missing the full rear inner fender wells. Is this normal? I see some other 19's have full rear inner fender wells. This is not good. Anyone else notice this?
They cost about a hundred bucks and take half an hour to install.

68275910AB
68275911AB

You'll need 8 screws also. Don't have the PN for those but your dealer's parts department should be able to provide.

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Windoww sticker? What am I looking for on that?
Should say something like fender liner or inner fender liner or something like that.

I don't have them on my LoneStar

Bighorned

Reaction score
yeah they are an option. my 19 bighorn has them on the window sticker as an added accessory.

JustMe

Reaction score
A "tiny-bit" more than that, IF you choose to go the RAM Build & Price pages (at home, not sure what the Dealers look at?). I say "tiny bit" because RAM ties these into other Options Packages as a "requirement" to get - winds up costing $$$ more and will get your blood boiling IF you didn't want all the "add ons" ! So I strongly suggest, if money is a concern (it is to me), that you just order via the Mopar parts department (& don't forget the extra needed screws; idiots they are). Nickels & Dimes, Nickels & Dimes, boy they sure add up . . . don't believe me? Just call up RAM Customer Service and ask for the Financial Wizards . . . :unsure: ;) :D .
I reckon it to "50 ways to leave your lover" by Paul Simon - only it's "50 ways to squeeze your wallet" by RAM (all of FCA US actually)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
A "tiny-bit" more than that, IF you choose to go the RAM Build & Price pages (at home, not sure what the Dealers look at?). I say "tiny bit" because RAM ties these into other Options Packages as a "requirement" to get - winds up costing $$$ more and will get your blood boiling IF you didn't want all the "add ons" ! So I strongly suggest, if money is a concern (it is to me), that you just order via the Mopar parts department (& don't forget the extra needed screws; idiots they are). Nickels & Dimes, Nickels & Dimes, boy they sure add up . . . don't believe me? Just call up RAM Customer Service and ask for the Financial Wizards . . . :unsure: ;) :D .
I reckon it to "50 ways to leave your lover" by Paul Simon - only it's "50 ways to squeeze your wallet" by RAM (all of FCA US actually)
They're not any worse than other manufacturers. For instance, I'm not sure if or when the last time you built a Chevy on their website was, but they are worse about all the different package requirements than Ram is. I agree that it's BS, but it's not like the other manufacturers aren't just as bad or worse. Doesn't make it right, it just is what it is.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Yeah I remember my older rams I purchased in the past all came with them. I think they started not putting them nonstandard back in the 2009 give or take a year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JustMe

Reaction score
They're not any worse than other manufacturers. For instance, I'm not sure if or when the last time you built a Chevy on their website was, but they are worse about all the different package requirements than Ram is. I agree that it's BS, but it's not like the other manufacturers aren't just as bad or worse. Doesn't make it right, it just is what it is.
Ah, Mike . . . the ole "is what it is" explanation . . . I've NEVER been one to accept such a pointless point of view, nope and never will. But your certainly entitled, not complaining or criticizing . . . after all we "Eastern Washingtonians" are a dying breed :) . . . kidding about that (I hope). Truth be told, I'm "just a" Navy Transplant (Spokane County) but I did live a year in Clarkston, just so's I could fish the Grande Ronde ('09/'10).
I've NEVER, EVER done any pricing & barely visit OTHER Vehicle Manufacturers Websites -- been a diehard Plymouth/Dodge now Jeep/RAM person almost since I can remember (guessing age 4 or 5).
I do agree though, based on what I read and see via Internet access, that just about ALL of them have their OWN issues as well as Vender Issues that seem to come & go at will !. It's amazing how "imperfect humans" can't seem to manufacture better, consistently issue-free vehicles . . . ;) :).
Getting back to "tying-in" Costly (unwanted) Options to Items Wanted . . . Just earlier this evening at RAM B&P - I was Finally able to add the (desperately wanted) DFT (dual function tailgate) on a QUAD Cab Laramie/6'4" bed. BUT, Their is still a "catch" - added options not wanted AND ONLY 2 color choices (for now) ! This continues to put me at a Price-Point that I'd rather not cross into.
Who knows maybe before I drop dead they'll have what I want, without what I don't and in the color I desire ? o_O :rolleyes:
My current timeline has that BEFORE 2021 - 11 months to go . RAM ! You listening? Do you CARE about the Veterans as you Sky you do? Then why not be a bit nicer and put yourselves out of YOUR comfort zone so's that we Veterans can feel a bit more comfortable in OUR Comfort zones ? ! Hey this could be a Super Bowl AD ! ? :giggle:

RJS

Reaction score
They cost about a hundred bucks and take half an hour to install.

68275910AB
68275911AB

You'll need 8 screws also. Don't have the PN for those but your dealer's parts department should be able to provide.
My Laramie only needed 2 extra screws but that could be different with the Bighorn.

The video is very helpful but he missed a couple of things like removing the rear spat clips with the spat instead of just pulling the spat off the clip. If you just pull the spat off the clip you'll most likely need to buy a clip or clips. Here's a long post from the forum, read through it and you'll find how some of us did it differently on remove and install. You will also need to separate rear shield and there are more ideas in the post.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They cost about a hundred bucks and
My Laramie only needed 2 extra screws but that could be different with the Bighorn.

The video is very helpful but he missed a couple of things like removing the rear spat clips with the spat instead of just pulling the spat off the clip. If you just pull the spat off the clip you'll most likely need to buy a clip or clips. Here's a long post from the forum, read through it and you'll find how some of us did it differently on remove and install. You will also need to separate rear shield and there are more ideas in the post.

Yes, because Big Horns do not have fender flares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online