5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto catch can with intake

Cajun_

Reaction score
Does the mishimoto catch can work with the ram airflow and varam? I know it works with the s&b. Trying to decide on an intake.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Other than paying more for a name, it should work.

XmikeX

Reaction score
Is there a good alternative to mishimoto? I know they have a good rep for quality stuff but It seems like for a catch can you are kind of paying for the name.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Any can will work, I bought it because of how they designed the mount. It fits the truck perfectly, not due to the name.

Seems to catch a bit more oil and less condensation than my elite engineering one did.

Also tried to stop buying Chinese knock off stuff as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
$60 off Amazon. Has a drain valve on bottom so no unscrewing. I catch about 2oz every 1500-2k miles.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Try again with pic

Attachments

• PXL_20200912_173750884.jpg
    PXL_20200912_173750884.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 119

XmikeX

Reaction score
Ever have any issues with it? seems like a drastic price difference and don't want to end up having to replace it and spend the same amount of money if I just went with a quality one first.

I'm guessing the picture you posted is off your truck? did the mounting bracket work pretty well/ easy to locate a spot to put it? I like the mishimoto since the bracket is super easy but I guess any bolt will hold a bracket.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ever have any issues with it? seems like a drastic price difference and don't want to end up having to replace it and spend the same amount of money if I just went with a quality one first.

I'm guessing the picture you posted is off your truck? did the mounting bracket work pretty well/ easy to locate a spot to put it? I like the mishimoto since the bracket is super easy but I guess any bolt will hold a bracket.
The bracket is designed for the Hemi engine. Bolts right on with no issues. No issues ever. Catch can design isnt rocket science. This $60 on has the same internal.baffle design as the UPR and BilletTech catch cans and half the price. Plus it has a ball drain valve to make emptying easier. Even comes with the aluminum hose covers to make it look like a more expensive set up. Absolutely no reason to spend $100+ on a catch can.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
looks like a bunch of chineseium
Just as good of quality as the UPR or BilletTech cans. What makes you think it's "chinesium"? Or do you just like paying inflated prices to have a name brand in your parts?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
@HSKR R/T do you know the dimensions of the catch can itself? It looks like the Mishimoto model may be a touch bigger (capacity). Not sure it was worth the cost difference. But, that is the only functional difference I can see. Good find on Amazon!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And they are both functionally the same. Even my cheaper Amazon catch can uses the same baffle system at BilletTech. I have BilletTech stuff on my truck, and have had one of thier catch cans on a previous vehicle. Not worth the cost IMO, unless you want some custom engraving or color

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And they are both functionally the same. Even my cheaper Amazon catch can uses the same baffle system at BilletTech. I have BilletTech stuff on my truck, and have had one of thier catch cans on a previous vehicle. Not worth the cost IMO, unless you want some custom engraving or color
Or you want to support a company solely based in the US that created the original design that others are copying. I agree that they all work the same and your choice to support and purchase from where you want.

Users who are viewing this thread