5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto Catch Can- oil question

cmatt4775

Reaction score
Apologies if this is dumb question but I have no knowledge when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I just went to empty my catch can After about 1900 miles and after I emptied the oil I noticed a white coloring mixed in at the bottom. Is this normal? For oil to look like this?

also noticed a white coloring in some of oil as I dumped it into an old oil bottle.

Any help would be appreciated just wanted to make sure nothing is wrong.

Attachments

• F9CE0A0F-4171-4D71-ADD8-B5CA0A29D1D8.jpeg
    F9CE0A0F-4171-4D71-ADD8-B5CA0A29D1D8.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 5B3A40F9-96F2-43E9-9A99-F460A3ADD3D8.jpeg
    5B3A40F9-96F2-43E9-9A99-F460A3ADD3D8.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 148

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is water mixed with oil. The catch can is doing it's job(y)

valleysnyper

Reaction score
Hey guy's, I just bought my second Ram. I'm not familiar with this catch can thing. What is this thing used for, where do I get one and lastly how hard is it to install / Thanks, Gary

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey guy's, I just bought my second Ram. I'm not familiar with this catch can thing. What is this thing used for, where do I get one and lastly how hard is it to install / Thanks, Gary
Gary, TONS of info on catch cans if you search the forum my friend. In a nut shell, they go between the PCV and the intake to capture recirculated exhaust which contains oil, gas and water. The CC captures these and prevent them from reentering and gumming up the intake. You can install one very easily in about 30 minutes. The Mishimoto is the best can on the market and they make a custom install kit for the RAM.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gary, TONS of info on catch cans if you search the forum my friend. In a nut shell, they go between the PCV and the intake to capture recirculated exhaust which contains oil, gas and water. The CC captures these and prevent them from reentering and gumming up the intake. You can install one very easily in about 30 minutes. The Mishimoto is the best can on the market and they make a custom install kit for the RAM.
Seconding the superior product that mishimoto makes. The machining and overall product is really impressive.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looked inside the can for the first time after installing and driving about 100 miles, got the warm fuzzy feeling seeing how much oil was captured. Judging by the size of the Mishimoto can it should have enough capacity to be emptied at every oil change

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looked inside the can for the first time after installing and driving about 100 miles, got the warm fuzzy feeling seeing how much oil was captured. Judging by the size of the Mishimoto can it should have enough capacity to be emptied at every oil change
That will hold true for the warm months. However, in cold weather, the can will capture condensation that can fill it up far quicker. In the winter, check the can every 1500 miles to be safe.

whetrick1

Reaction score
That will hold true for the warm months. However, in cold weather, the can will capture condensation that can fill it up far quicker. In the winter, check the can every 1500 miles to be safe.

Agree check it at 1500 miles you'll be surprised at how much junk will be in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread