5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror Type

TimG

Reaction score
Can anyone that has received their 1500 confirm the type of side view mirror? Just wondering if it is like the 4th Gen full vertical blindspot mirror, or if its the 3rd Gen Style corner blindspot mirror. Or is there a blindspot mirror at all? Thanks!

Attachments

• 3rd Gen Style.pdf
    173.6 KB · Views: 16

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The higher trim levels have the 3rd gen mirror style standard and what this sheet calls the 4th gen if you opt for the trailer tow mirrors. Not sure about lower trim levels.

TimG

Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Trying to figure out which ones come on the Rebel. Cant really tell from the few pictures that are floating around.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that this is gospel but the latest brochure that came with my $500 bonus cash has a rear shot of a Rebel on the back and you can clearly see it is a black finish mirror of the 3rd gen type with corner blindspot in your attachment. Looks to be identical to the Laramie and up mirror, just not in chrome like the Longhorn/Limited.

Here's another shot from testdriven - http://testdriven.tv/wp-content/gallery/2019-ram-rebel/19-RAM-Rebel-10.jpg
Full article with more shots - http://testdriven.tv/2018/01/first-look-2019-ram-rebel/#.W04QLNJKgUE

TimG

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, that's what I was noticing on a lot of the brochures as well. Just wanted to make sure. I was very disappointed when I got my 2017 and it had that full-length blindspot mirror. I'm very happy they are going back to the smaller one.... I think its easier to see things in it for some reason.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't go back to the small blindspot mirrors on the tow mirror...they just added the small blind spot mirror to the regular mirror.

The tow mirror is the same as the 4th gen mirror.

The 5th gen regular mirror has a blind spot in the same position as the 3rd Gen tow mirror...but the 5th gen does not fold out.

The Rebel will have the same mirror as a bighorn. It won't be body color like the appearance package and it won't have the chrome.

The tow package mirror will be the same as all trims.

With the Rebel you don't have to worry about losing 360 cause it doesn't get it anyways.

Hope this makes sense.

Regular mirror has blind spot in upper outside corner...they do not fold out.

Tow mirror has blind spot the full outter length...they fold out and blind spot is the full bottom.

TimG

Reaction score
Thanks Devil! That's what I was thinking, but glad you and the others could confirm it.

Users who are viewing this thread