5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror turn signal part number

SirSam

Reaction score
I had a dump truck run into my driver side mirror which punched a hole in the LED turn signal housing. Does anyone have the part number and/or know where I can get a replacement?
e8a8a713a9544f23aa4d1bb29bdedf3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cstcb

Reaction score
I had a dump truck run into my driver side mirror which punched a hole in the LED turn signal housing. Does anyone have the part number and/or know where I can get a replacement?
e8a8a713a9544f23aa4d1bb29bdedf3c.jpg

I have the same problem as of a couple hours ago, courtesy of a hit and run Postal Service driver at an intersection (your tax dollars at work!). Were you ever able to track down a part number or replacement?

SirSam

Reaction score
Unfortunate not yet? After a week and the initial sting was gone. I kind of forgot about it I’m going to have the dealership replace it on the next service. I’ll let you know what comes up then.

cstcb

Reaction score
Unfortunate not yet? After a week and the initial sting was gone. I kind of forgot about it I’m going to have the dealership replace it on the next service. I’ll let you know what comes up then.

Thanks, I may do the same.

19ramsport

Reaction score
So does anyone know how to replace that lens? Does it pop off? Or do you have to take the mirror apart (take the glass off) in order to access the turn signal lens? Mine has a crack in it from a flying rock I assume.

19ramsport

Reaction score
Anyone with a repair manual that knows how to take off the mirror turn signal lens?

hemirob

Reaction score
You have to pull the glass off first, then unscrew the mirror covers, pop them off and should be able to see the screws to take off the turn signal lens.

Jdn609

Reaction score
I’m dealing with this issue now... when ordering , left or right side, does that reference facing the vehicle? I.e. passenger side is left side?

Shotyme

Reaction score
You have to pull the glass off first, then unscrew the mirror covers, pop them off and should be able to see the screws to take off the turn signal lens.
Does the mirror’s glass just pop off when you pull it? I need to replace my turn signal lens (rock cracked it) and would rather not give the dealer $65.

Shotyme

Reaction score
Anyone with a repair manual that knows how to take off the mirror turn signal lens?
I‘m looking for a repair manual too. I have the replacement lens, I just don’t know how to install it.

Shotyme

Reaction score
So does anyone know how to replace that lens? Does it pop off? Or do you have to take the mirror apart (take the glass off) in order to access the turn signal lens? Mine has a crack in it from a flying rock I assume.
I have the same issue. Any luck on how to fix it?

hemirob

Reaction score
There are numerous threads on replacing tow mirrors with power folding which will explain in great detail how to take the mirror off, all you do is use a 5"-6" suction cup and pull like hell, the mirror is held into place by a number of clips in a circular pattern around the center of the mirror like a hip socket that mirror rotates in.

19ramsport

Reaction score

I never did fix mine, just learned to live with it. My crack is on the very outer edge and not too noticeable and water doesn't leak into the lens. But as hemirob posted, you have to pull off the mirror glass and then you can access the screws/bolts for the mirror caps and turn signal lens. But some guys broke their mirror glass when trying to pull it off, so that's something I didn't want to risk.

RamJam86

Reaction score
Just had this happen to me. A rock kicked up from the highway and cracked my turn signal. I have heated and power folding mirrors on the 2021 RAM1500 Big Horn Hemi 5.7L e torque Crew Cab.
When looking online I saw two part numbers, 68402096AA
68460762AA

Which one is right for my truck? Any help is appreciated

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m dealing with this issue now... when ordering , left or right side, does that reference facing the vehicle? I.e. passenger side is left side?
I know this is an old question from March 20, 2020 that no one apparently answered. There may be members who still need to know. Picture yourself sitting in the driver's seat holding the steering wheel. Left side is the same as your left arm (i.e. driver's side is the left side). Right side is your right arm (i.e. passenger's side is the right side). It isn't facing the vehicle.

Last edited:

colbytrain

Reaction score
Mine has a leak and I want to change but haven’t found one video yet to explain how? Hard to believe no one has done this yet?

Attachments

• 244EF0DE-EDBD-4BDC-A5C4-816C9B99DC3B.jpeg
    244EF0DE-EDBD-4BDC-A5C4-816C9B99DC3B.jpeg
    156.3 KB · Views: 5

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Mine has a leak and I want to change but haven’t found one video yet to explain how? Hard to believe no one has done this yet?
Like mentioned previously on post #14 there are numerous threads that include information on removing the mirror glass to access the screws so you can remove the turn signal. All you need is a large suction cup used for holding glass or ceramic. Pull hard to release the mirror glass from it's socket and you have the needed access.

Users who are viewing this thread