5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minnie Pearl here to say hello.

Minnie Pearl

Reaction score
Thought I'd chime in and say hello, FYI, Minnie Pearl is the name of the truck. It's a July 2019, Laramie Longhorn crew cab, e-Torque, 4x4 , 5'7" bed, with the 22" rims and low sidewall touring tires. Level 1 package, so it is loaded up to the gills. This is my fourth Dodge truck but first brand new one. I named it Minnie Pearl, because it's the Ivory white, with fish scale flake AND it had a tag on the passenger seat headrest saying the seats are genuine leather (saddle tan & brown). I had to work the dealer pretty hard but in August of 2020, I got 22% off MSRP, and they got my 2013 Chevy Silverado that used oil like a Waffle House fry cook, straight off the show room ( 1 qt every 1500 to 1800 miles by 65000 miles). The Chevy was a lovely truck, but the second new one in a row using too much oil for a guy in a wheelchair who can't even see the dipstick, much less check it. I am a card carrying member in good standing of the dead battery club, the dead radio upload club, and the dash is blistering up club. That's all the clubs I want to join. But I also got 6750 miles to the qt for the crankcase full of break-in oil and usually get 17 mpg combined, along with more performance then the Chevy could even dream about, so I am 'Happy, Happy, Happy'. I still have 24,000 miles or until August of 2023 to get the most out of my factory warranty (not that I want to use it). As for add-on's; I put a Bruno Turney seat (w/custom matching upholstery) behind the wheel, a Bruno wheelchair lift, in the front driver bed corner, some hand controls to the foot pedals, black 'bob-wire' pin stripe tape across the sides & tailgate, extra window tint on front windows, front sun roof pane, and an eyebrow tint across the windshield, outside added a black front brush guard grill, and a black headache rack to round out 'the ranch look'. Yes, it is a ranch truck, but mostly a hardtop princess. I have been reading a lot of posts and comments and getting smarter every time I do. At 67, I look forward to this being my last truck and expecting over 200K total mileage, if the variable valve timing, variable displacement, and price of fuel don't get me first.
John L. AKA Minnie Pearl

Users who are viewing this thread