5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid size Ram?

John Brereton

Reaction score
Interesting article on the possibility of a new RAM Dakota. We've seen the mid size pick up slowly coming back. My thoughts: bring the Dakota back with an electric powered option. It would be a good platform to bring both in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bellpa

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing this new mid-size option, hopefully a slightly smaller clone of the 1500 with style, options, and quality. Probably have to wait until it's debuted at the Detroit Show in June.

John Brereton

Reaction score
I saw an article suggesting a possible Dakota with the TRX package (or whatever it's called with the 700 hp motor)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bellpa

Reaction score
I know they're working on the 1500 TRX currently. That would be pretty crazy, in a smaller platform like the Dakota! I just want to see what the mid-size is going to look like.

agjr85

Reaction score
If it didn't do well in the past, doubt they will launch a new model with such a pricey engine.
The 3.6 should work perfectly for it and for if they can get the HEMI in there, even better.

But I'm not even sure this segment is worth it. Taco's and the GM Twins have it locked in. Plus you have the old fart Frontier and Ridgeline to grab the crums. OH YEA AND THE RANGER!

Bellpa

Reaction score
But I'm not even sure this segment is worth it. Taco's and the GM Twins have it locked in. Plus you have the old fart Frontier and Ridgeline to grab the crums. OH YEA AND THE RANGER!

Precisely... Have you seen the RANGER?? Uggghhhh. I upgraded to my 1500 Laramie from a Taco and would have no problem going back to a mid-size Ram. As long as it's similar quality as the 1500s, Ram will give the boring GMs, plastic Tacos and - well, ok, the RANGER also, a helluva run for their money.

agjr85

Reaction score
Precisely... Have you seen the RANGER?? Uggghhhh. I upgraded to my 1500 Laramie from a Taco and would have no problem going back to a mid-size Ram. As long as it's similar quality as the 1500s, Ram will give the boring GMs, plastic Tacos and - well, ok, the RANGER also, a helluva run for their money.

lol , yea. I couldn't care for it. I think the Taco has the best package.

I see this as an opportunity for RAM to introduce an all EV platorm for a truck. But what do I know about tech trends and sales.

Users who are viewing this thread