5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message Notifications Not Appearing

DSN46

Reaction score
Howdy,
When connected through Bluetooth to my iPhone, I cannot get incoming message notifications to appear in the gauge cluster or on the UConnect screen. I've read through several threads and tried everything I've read. I have the 8.4 Non-Nav radio. I can use Siri to make phone calls and create new messages no problem, but when I receive a new message, all I get is my phone vibrating at me.... no pop-up screens... no sounds. Anybody else have this problem? I looked up my truck on the Uconnect website and it says there are no updates available for mine. Any help would be appreciated.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Howdy,
When connected through Bluetooth to my iPhone, I cannot get incoming message notifications to appear in the gauge cluster or on the UConnect screen. I've read through several threads and tried everything I've read. I have the 8.4 Non-Nav radio. I can use Siri to make phone calls and create new messages no problem, but when I receive a new message, all I get is my phone vibrating at me.... no pop-up screens... no sounds. Anybody else have this problem? I looked up my truck on the Uconnect website and it says there are no updates available for mine. Any help would be appreciated.
I have the 8.4 non-nav, and the only time I experienced that I found that I had my phone on mute. I have seen that sometimes the message notice just pops up at the bottom left of the screen for a second or two. Maybe that is happening but you don't see it while you are driving?

DSN46

Reaction score
I have the 8.4 non-nav, and the only time I experienced that I found that I had my phone on mute. I have seen that sometimes the message notice just pops up at the bottom left of the screen for a second or two. Maybe that is happening but you don't see it while you are driving?
Thank you for your response! So.... I went through and made sure all settings on both the phone itself as well as the 8.4 were correct. After two days of restarts (going to store, kids to school, etc.) it just started working. WTH? I don't know, but for now the problem solved itself. Not sure I like a system that decides on its own when it will work and when it won't, but when it works it works great. Thanks again!

BobK

Reaction score
My android phone always gives me the notifications.
My wife's iPhone never gives notifications via Bluetooth on Uconnect in my truck, in her 2018 Pacifica we had w/Uconnect and now even in her Subaru Outback. She does not complain to me about it so I never looked into why since mine works. :) But yea, it must be something with iPhones. There might be a solution, but I certainly see the same issue happening.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you for your response! So.... I went through and made sure all settings on both the phone itself as well as the 8.4 were correct. After two days of restarts (going to store, kids to school, etc.) it just started working. WTH? I don't know, but for now the problem solved itself. Not sure I like a system that decides on its own when it will work and when it won't, but when it works it works great. Thanks again!
Yeah that can get annoying. My wife's Explorer seems like it is updating about every other day, so she always has to wait to for that system to decide when it is ready to use. Guess technology isn't always as "advanced" as its made out to be

Users who are viewing this thread