5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message Access Permission

snj1013

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and just about everytime I get in the car, I get a pop up on my phone that Uconnect is asking for permission to access my messages. Even though I grant access, the next time I get in the truck, I get the same message. This only seems to happen when I don't plug the phone into the USB port and it is only connected using Bluetooth. I've unpaired, repaired the phone several times, but I still have this same problem. If I don't grant access to the message permission request, I don't get any text message notifications through the Uconnect display. I do rent cars quite a bit for work, and have never noticed this issue with my phone on other vehicles and don't have this problem with my wife's Toyota, so I'm leaning toward the problem being with the truck. Has anyone else noticed this problem? If so, did you find a way to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t have android but I’d start with the usual suspects: make sure you have your phone on the latest OS, since the build date of your truck is one of the older ones ask the dealer to make sure you are on the latest uconnect ver and maybe even ask them to RE flash it.

snj1013

Reaction score
Phone has the latest update from AT&T. I was thinking the Uconnect update might be an option but thought I'd check and see if anyone had success with that or other fixes.

Pressgrove

Reaction score
I suspect that Uconnect is the issue. I have an iPhone and get something like "Do you want to make this device your favorite" just about every time I get in. I tell it yes every time, but it continues. I've read here where others have the same issue.

I've just decide to live with it (and all of the other Uconnect glitches). I haven't seen anyone here make significant progress correcting Uconnect issues. Once they do, I'll follow suit. In the meantime, life is too short to get worked up about it. :cool:

Konrad

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact same issue as the original poster, only with Google Pixel 2XL, so it's not phone specific. I suspect that Uconnect is not fully compatible with newer versions of Android, with their extensive permission settings etc. Very annoying. I've read somewhere that Uconnect must be added as a Trusted Device in Androide security settings, but had no time to check / test that yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact same issue as the original poster, only with Google Pixel 2XL, so it's not phone specific. I suspect that Uconnect is not fully compatible with newer versions of Android, with their extensive permission settings etc. Very annoying. I've read somewhere that Uconnect must be added as a Trusted Device in Androide security settings, but had no time to check / test that yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Most def is UConnect. It’s riddled with bugs when it comes to phone connectivity. For me fortunately, the only thing that’s been an issue is the USB connectivity, therefore affecting CarPlay, which sometimes works for a week or two straight, then it fails for a few days, then on again, off again.

Hopefully UConnect is working on this and will have an update to fix them. At least that’s the only issue I have. For some folks it’s worse with screen going black, etc.

redevil

Reaction score
Make sure you are using the original cord that came with the phone. I found when using my Pixel 3 and an aftermarket cord via USB and not the original USB-C cord it came with that there was issues with the UConnect and Android Auto.

Levo75

Reaction score
I have a non standard messages app. So I think that's where the problem is. I denied the permissions and the problem went away.

Users who are viewing this thread