5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory setting have a mind of their own

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I keep having to redo my memory settings. It keeps reverting to an old mirror setting (the reason the mirror moves in the first place is because I like the tilt in reverse feature). It also saves the last station I was listening to even when I don’t hit save. So if I’m listening to a baseball game and decide to hit memory 1 recall it will bring up some other station I was listening to when I last turned off the truck. Very very annoying 1st world problem.

RAM999

Reaction score
Whatever your radio, etc settings are at the time you set your seat memory are the stations that will be saved. Get them all like you want, then re-save the memory recall settings. Mine was doing the same until I figured this out.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whatever your radio, etc settings are at the time you set your seat memory are the stations that will be saved. Get them all like you want, then re-save the memory recall settings. Mine was doing the same until I figured this out.
I’ve done that plenty of times. I have it set for Lithium on Sirius channel 34. Then I switch to baseball and don’t save anything. I get in the truck the next day and it’s still on baseball and when I hit recall it stays on baseball.

Also what advise do you have about the mirror? I back into my driveway every day, when I get back in the truck the mirrors tilt back up but it doesn’t go back to my saved setting. When I hit recall it does go back to my saved setting though.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll have to try leaving a non-saved station on next time I'm in the truck. It seems to me the radio stays on whatever was on when shut off. If you hit your memory button it'll move seats an all but I didn't think it does anything with the station. You've got at least 12 saved and the memory won't know what one of the saved ones you want.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only use one fob. The other is in my office safe. I have linked it to the fob number plus times and it even says on the info screen that memory 1 was recalled when I unlock the truck.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I only use one fob. The other is in my office safe. I have linked it to the fob number plus times and it even says on the info screen that memory 1 was recalled when I unlock the truck.

Then it sounds like you gotta bring it in then if it's not working as designed.

Users who are viewing this thread