5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2023 Ram 1500 Rebel Lunar Special Edition

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Meet The 2023 Ram 1500 Rebel Lunar Special Edition​

Ceramic Grey Paint Is Finally Available On The Rebel...​

1683724669270.png

Ram has recently unveiled its latest special edition model, the 2023 Ram 1500 Rebel Lunar Edition. This edition pays homage to lunar exploration and features a beautiful Ceramic Grey exterior paint (code PDN). We saw the color on a limited edition of the Ram 1500 Classic Warlock last year.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
nice but at over $70k that's probably almost twice what some body paid for a BTS ceramic grey back in 2020

dannydyn

Reaction score
Given it's a limited edition, can I expect it to be still available to order late august-early september?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Given it's a limited edition, can I expect it to be still available to order late august-early september?
This style of limited edition is pre-spec'd by RAM, allocated to dealers, and then sent to them for the dealer to accept or reject - they show up as is. We got three, mostly the same equipment in each, for example. Two have build dates, one does not, for example. You'll be ordering 2024's on the 1500's within a month or two I believe, based on the fact that we're already in 2024 on 2500/3500 (and wranglers and hornets, fwiw).

dannydyn

Reaction score
This style of limited edition is pre-spec'd by RAM, allocated to dealers, and then sent to them for the dealer to accept or reject - they show up as is. We got three, mostly the same equipment in each, for example. Two have build dates, one does not, for example. You'll be ordering 2024's on the 1500's within a month or two I believe, based on the fact that we're already in 2024 on 2500/3500 (and wranglers and hornets, fwiw).

Thanks. Does that mean I can't place a custom order for a Lunar edition?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. Does that mean I can't place a custom order for a Lunar edition?
Correct - you can get your name locked into one that is on the way, but whatever spec's it has, that's how it is coming from factory.
Pricing determined by each dealer of course.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Correct - you can get your name locked into one that is on the way, but whatever spec's it has, that's how it is coming from factory.
Pricing determined by each dealer of course.
Ugh...

Thank you for the input!

jman17

Reaction score
It’s odd that they are special editions but missing a lot of equipment.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Totally fair. Lol
I just expected it to basically be fully loaded out, as a SE. Almost like a limited but a rebel.
Still….you’re right.

I'm curious, what is the Lunar Edition missing?

jman17

Reaction score
I'm curious, what is the Lunar Edition missing?
I’ll miss at least something but it doesn’t have advanced safety group, pano roof, bed liner, 360 cameras.
To your point, that’s not exactly a base-truck. But when I think of a special edition, or compare it to the lunar TRX which comes with every option you can get except the reverse trailer steering, I just noted that they built the rebels without some stuff I figured would be there.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll miss at least something but it doesn’t have advanced safety group, pano roof, bed liner, 360 cameras.
To your point, that’s not exactly a base-truck. But when I think of a special edition, or compare it to the lunar TRX which comes with every option you can get except the reverse trailer steering, I just noted that they built the rebels without some stuff I figured would be there.

Okay, I screwed up. I thought this thread was about the Lunar Edition TRX. Nevermind. 😳

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love that color! Wish it had been available on my '22.

Users who are viewing this thread