5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBRP Exhaust w/ factory resonators

barker2444

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I recently installed a MBRP 3" in/out high flow muffler replacement on my 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 w/ ETorque. I left the factory resonators in. Something I have noticed with my exhaust and several others like mine, there is a raspy noise that is noticeable. Definitely has a good rumble, but just not as clean as I would like it. I tried closing the weep holes on my resonators, but didn't help very much. Would resonator deletes clean this sound up? Has anyone had the same experience?

Thank you

-Bob

barker2444

Reaction score
Update: Went with the B2 Fab resonator deletes and had my muffler shop seal up the joints with welds. Sounds absolutely nasty and no more plastic bag raspy noise coming from the exhaust. Couldn't be happier with the end result.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update: Went with the B2 Fab resonator deletes and had my muffler shop seal up the joints with welds. Sounds absolutely nasty and no more plastic bag raspy noise coming from the exhaust. Couldn't be happier with the end result.
I also put the MBRP on my Ram, and I really like it. I was thinking about putting some epoxy on my resonator weepholes, but you are saying that you tried something similar and it didn't help?

barker2444

Reaction score
I also put the MBRP on my Ram, and I really like it. I was thinking about putting some epoxy on my resonator weepholes, but you are saying that you tried something similar and it didn't help?

Correct. If you have an airy exhaust leak sound that sounds like you have a plastic bag trapped in your exhaust, it won't get better unless you lose the resonators with this set up IMO. I took a hammer and punch and closed my weep holes. If it did help, it wasn't very much at all. I would recommend at least trying it though and maybe it will work for you! Takes only 5 minutes to do in your driveway.

I am very happy I went with the deletes. All of my buddies have been drooling over how my trucks sounds and asking what set up I have.

Users who are viewing this thread