5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MaxTrac Rear Leveling/Lowering Springs

Bionicbo

Reaction score
Just ordered my MaxTrac 2" rear lowering springs, should have them here and installed this weekend.

My question to anyone that knows, is it a true 2" drop. I double checked measurements and it's 38 1/8 in the rear and 36 3/8 in the front, based on that I'd actually have some squat.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's good to know, I see you have the etorque as do I and read that, it could bring it down up to an inch more
Mine looked almost perfectly level. I never measured though.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Measured, mine was a little less, but it looks level and that's all that matters.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine with the 2” springs was still a little higher in the rear so I cut almost a full coil off of them and it sat level. Ride quality was exactly the same as stock.

chad202

Reaction score
I originally purchased the drop coils. The driver side was 3/4" lower than the passenger side. I had to remove the passenger side 3 times until I got it perfect. This was all good until I pulled a boat or loaded the bed for vacation. Recently removed the coils and replaced them with Firestone Ride-rite air bags. Now I can cater to whatever load I have. Rides better than the coils and I can make them perfectly level with the front or if I want some rake just add a little air. I don't have the onboard compressor yet but plan on adding one soon and it will be dual path as the passenger side takes 5lbs less than the driver side to sit perfect.

Bigriggin8

Reaction score
I originally purchased the drop coils. The driver side was 3/4" lower than the passenger side. I had to remove the passenger side 3 times until I got it perfect. This was all good until I pulled a boat or loaded the bed for vacation. Recently removed the coils and replaced them with Firestone Ride-rite air bags. Now I can cater to whatever load I have. Rides better than the coils and I can make them perfectly level with the front or if I want some rake just add a little air. I don't have the onboard compressor yet but plan on adding one soon and it will be dual path as the passenger side takes 5lbs less than the driver side to sit perfect.
That’s funny. Mine sits low too. But I just cut springs 😂

Users who are viewing this thread