5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maxtrac 3” lift

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
Maxtrac came out with a 3” kit with strut spacer only. No pre-load spacer. Anyone think this kit may be a problem with angles and such? Why make this kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rob5589

Yes, it is too much for factory components. Why do it? Because there are people that just want a certain look.

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
Yes, it is too much for factory components. Why do it? Because there are people that just want a certain look.

If you upgrade the UCA’s do you think that would work and make the 3” acceptable? I mean readylift and RC both have a 3.5” lift but use a preload spacer in the strut. Motofab also offers a 3” top hat I’ll spacer I saw last night. My next option is to go to BDS 4” but that thing is a ton of money plus the time it will take to get that thing in. They claim 10 hrs by a pro. Anyway, my friend has Maxtrac stuff installed on his previous gen ram and it seems really good quality for the money.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you upgrade the UCA’s do you think that would work and make the 3” acceptable? I mean readylift and RC both have a 3.5” lift but use a preload spacer in the strut. Motofab also offers a 3” top hat I’ll spacer I saw last night. My next option is to go to BDS 4” but that thing is a ton of money plus the time it will take to get that thing in. They claim 10 hrs by a pro. Anyway, my friend has Maxtrac stuff installed on his previous gen ram and it seems really good quality for the money.

Without going in depth into suspension travel/geometry, the gist of the problem with running too tall of a top hat spacer is when the suspension unloads or goes into the position known as full droop it binds up the front CV shafts and puts the tie rods and lower ball joint at bad angles, this is most likely to happen if you're off road and if the truck is in 4 wheel drive actually putting power to the front CV shafts it makes things even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/