5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Coolant Leak

Lrpilot

Reaction score
2021 1500 Longhorn with 26,000 miles. Pulled into the parking garage of Disney Springs in Orlando today and found it dumping coolant. Looks like a major radiator leak or possibly some other coolant component. Hoses look good and intact. Pretty disappointed that this happened on a two-year old truck. It had to be towed too. Build/parts quality is not good @RamCares!

Attachments

• 2B8E30F0-6E22-4FAB-9995-723884D5AD0A.jpeg
    2B8E30F0-6E22-4FAB-9995-723884D5AD0A.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 58

Lrpilot

Reaction score
So the truck was towed to the dealer yesterday. They called this morning and said the radiator was leaking badly. It’s being replaced under warranty. Has anyone else had a radiator go bad this early in the truck’s life?!

RedFred

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Any chance that some road debris kicked up and damaged the radiator? It does seem odd for a radiator to go out so early.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Any chance that some road debris kicked up and damaged the radiator? It does seem odd for a radiator to go out so early.
I suppose road debris is possible but I have only driven on paved roads and highways, nothing off road. I started smelling faint odors of coolant off and on a couple months ago. Something was off. I should’ve had it checked.

dog___fighter

Reaction score
2021 1500 Longhorn with 26,000 miles. Pulled into the parking garage of Disney Springs in Orlando today and found it dumping coolant. Looks like a major radiator leak or possibly some other coolant component. Hoses look good and intact. Pretty disappointed that this happened on a two-year old truck. It had to be towed too. Build/parts quality is not good @RamCares!
First wrong doing was going to downtown Disney

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online