5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MAGNAFLOW

Reaction score
Dropped off my 19 at MAGNAFLOW for prototyping. Will let you guys know what they come up with
263a.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome! That's exciting as I really like Magnaflow exhausts, I have a 14 inch Magnaflow on my truck and it sounds great.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
nice! I loved my Magnaflow 18, I'm stuck between getting it again or getting the carven Progressive whenever that comes out!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious, but won't a new exhaust like the Magnaflow void your factory warranty? I know some people might not care about the warranty but I do.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Moss Magnusson Act takes care of any warranty issues. You can look into it yourself if you're curious, but the short of it is that the manufacturor has to prove that the modification is what caused the issue.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! What are the details of that setup? Any word on release to the market?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A little quiet in the video, but there's quite a bit of ambient noise. I'd love to hear this outside and maybe running down the road.

Reaction score
Hi guys just got mine last week! 4X4 Crew Cab Big Horn in Graphite. So, just to do a factory muffler swap, it's a 3" in 2.5" single out, then it Y's after correct? Any idea what the individual pipe sizes are after the Y? Thinking I may try to do 1 in 2 out.

Reaction score
Sorry just reread and now see that it's 3" inlet/dual 2.5" out. That seems to be the only options when researching anyways.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Couldn't you just swap the muffler only and not touch anything downstream? Unless the stock Y is restrictive or negatively affecting sound the cheapest why to go would be to swap with single 3" in and single 2.5" out

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
New to the truck scene. Why would I have this done, what are the benefits and what is the approx. cost? Thank you.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going for gas mileage don't do it;), you will be wanting to hear that Hemi roar and with the super silent cabs you will have to use the loud pedal quite a bit...:psays the guy with a straight piped V10 and a Hemi with a cherry bomb...Love my engines growling all time...but I am getting old...:eek:might be going back to turbo mufflers or worse...silent factory styleo_O

Rustydodge

Reaction score
New to the truck scene. Why would I have this done, what are the benefits and what is the approx. cost? Thank you.

Mostly sound. Maybe better flow resulting in slight increase to hp but that's only true if the muffler is the restrictive part of the entire exhaust system. But also Hemis like some back pressure and i think with newer vehicles most parts of the systems have been pretty optimized for performance already so I'd maintain the primary reason to do this would be sound.

If future plans include an intake, tuner, and full exhaust, then all those may work together for performance and efficiency improvements.

Cost for magnaflow drop in muffler and labor for a shop to install was right at $190. Worth it to me for the sound improvement on my old truck.

Reaction score
I just spoke to my local exhaust shop. $80 to install my own muffler, which would most likely by a Magnaflow 12278. 3" inlet/dual 2.25" outlet to tie to each pipe. Most folks say the 18" length gives a nice tone. Not as loud as a 14" but has a more aggressive growl than a 22" or 24". Will post pics and vids after the work is done!

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12278

cjgerson

Reaction score
I just spoke to my local exhaust shop. $80 to install my own muffler, which would most likely by a Magnaflow 12278. 3" inlet/dual 2.25" outlet to tie to each pipe. Most folks say the 18" length gives a nice tone. Not as loud as a 14" but has a more aggressive growl than a 22" or 24". Will post pics and vids after the work is done!

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12278

Yeah go with the 18". Its what I got on my 2013 and its the perfect aggressive growl but not to loud. Also. I have a CAI and 5" exhaust tips which helps the sound a little too.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I believe I've posted this before, but this is what the 14" sounds like on my truck. Gives you a reference point as to whether you think it's too loud for you or not.

Shaunt13

Reaction score
Hi guys just got mine last week! 4X4 Crew Cab Big Horn in Graphite. So, just to do a factory muffler swap, it's a 3" in 2.5" single out, then it Y's after correct? Any idea what the individual pipe sizes are after the Y? Thinking I may try to do 1 in 2 out.
If you have the dual exhaust setup, 2018 and older its a 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlets....2019 is 3" inlet 3"outlet then Y's

Users who are viewing this thread