5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow Cat-Back and factory bed step

mike12193

Reaction score
Good morning, This week I put on a Magnaflow 19430 cat-back exhaust and I love the sound. Install went smooth and the aligning the tips weren’t as bad as thought they would be, not a 100 percent but not off enough to bother me. What I don’t like is how my factory bed step comes in contact with the exhaust when deploying or retracting. The bed step by itself is very violent when retracting but now with the new exhaust it makes contact and actually moves the left tip. Is anyone else experiencing this? I am going to call Magnaflow on Monday and see what they say. I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran into the same issue and am not really happy with the Magnaflow customer service dept. The bed step is a factory option and SHOULD not interfere with the exhaust pipe. I had to cut the hanger and reweld it so it would stop banging all the time. Either way the exhaust tips do not line up like they should either. We spend all this money to have a plug and play product and then have to mess around with it to make it work. Unacceptable!!

mike12193

Reaction score
So about a month ago I called Magnaflow and after debating with them that the bed step I have on my truck was a factory installed option(I had to send them my window sticker) they said they would get back to me. Go figure They NEVER CALLED BACK. I called them back twice so far and they apologized because the rep I spoke to (Daniel) left the company. They made it sound as if they were going to help me out. But now they are saying there is nothing they can do because the exhaust is used. I love the exhaust but there customer service is the worst. With that said I would never recommend or buy another Magnaflow product.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So about a month ago I called Magnaflow and after debating with them that the bed step I have on my truck was a factory installed option(I had to send them my window sticker) they said they would get back to me. Go figure They NEVER CALLED BACK. I called them back twice so far and they apologized because the rep I spoke to (Daniel) left the company. They made it sound as if they were going to help me out. But now they are saying there is nothing they can do because the exhaust is used. I love the exhaust but there customer service is the worst. With that said I would never recommend or buy another Magnaflow product.

Tell me about it...I went through the same thing and had to fight with them to help me...Also, HOTTEXHAUST where I purchased it from also has horrible customer service. This should be plug and play without any messing around needed. How could their engineering dept. be so bad?

mike12193

Reaction score
Hottexhaust was where I got mine too and the were zero help too. Amazing how you can spend all this money on a supposedly quality engineered part than you find out there is zero support after the sale.
Another company I would never recommend or buy from again.

Users who are viewing this thread