5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

low volume levels only on bluetooth connected music players

gwbisch

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a new, 1st time, RAM 1500 owner and I'm hoping y'all can help with a question about using a bluetooth music player through the 5" uConnect. I traded up to the RAM from a 2015 Durango with the 8.4" uConnect so I'm familiar with the platform. The AM/FM/USB music in the 5" is working just fine, but when I try to play music from a bluetooth device like a music player, phone, or tablet the volume is so low it's almost inaudible with the volume on the uconnect set to max. I tried multiple devices. I fiddled with the volume on the devices also. When the device was a phone, making a call worked as expected, just playing music from the device was inaudible.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? anyone figure it out ?

Thanks in advance

IrishRED

Reaction score
The volume on my bluetooth devices is low compared to radio but not inaudible. In my experience with these types of systems, the issue was usually with the player, not the onboard unit. Have you tried multiple devices? I know this may not be much help but I see nobody else responded so I didn't want you to feel ignored! :D

rmerz3

Reaction score
I agree that the Bluetooth max volume is significantly lower than standard radio, etc. I also ensured phone volume was set to max. Not sure what the solution is.

Humanbacon

Reaction score
I agree the Bluetooth volume and sound quality is horrible on my 22 Ram with the 8.4... I had to go with an aftermarket Bluetooth to AUX adapter like I ran in my old Ram... Same phone, same head unit same speakers but a world of difference... I just can't use the steering wheel buttons to change tracks...

Users who are viewing this thread