5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low tire warning - just a quick question

Gardner

Reaction score
Cold weather hit and the warning system indicated the right rear tire pressure was low. I pumped it up but the warning didn't go away. After I drove it awhile, it finally "registered" and corrected itself.
My question: Why did it take so long? Do the sending units only work in certain intervals of time?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019 Bighorn Crew cab, 4x4, 3.21 rear and the usual standard stuff. Build date was 11/18.
Options: Delmonico Red, Cloth buckets, level 2 equip package (8.4 in screen and other stuff).
5.7 Hemi, Ram SS running boards and also, an after market American tonneau fabric cover.

79 300

Reaction score
They only send out a short signal every so often, and only when the tire is rotating. If they were on constantly, the small battery in the sensor would be dead in no time at all. What you saw was perfectly normal.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cold weather hit and the warning system indicated the right rear tire pressure was low. I pumped it up but the warning didn't go away. After I drove it awhile, it finally "registered" and corrected itself.
My question: Why did it take so long? Do the sending units only work in certain intervals of time?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system tells you that it can take "up to" 15 mins for all 4 tires to register ..

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Bighorn Crew cab, 4x4, 3.21 rear and the usual standard stuff. Build date was 11/18.
Options: Delmonico Red, Cloth buckets, level 2 equip package (8.4 in screen and other stuff).
5.7 Hemi, Ram SS running boards and also, an after market American tonneau fabric cover.
Totally normal.

Gardner

Reaction score
OK, thanks to all who responded. Wasn't a major matter but it made me curious.

Users who are viewing this thread