5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost a Key Fob

sep1006

Reaction score
Bottom line is I lost a key fob ( at home somewhere ) and for the life of me can't find it. So anyway, is there a cheaper alternative than going through the stealer.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Bottom line is I lost a key fob ( at home somewhere ) and for the life of me can't find it. So anyway, is there a cheaper alternative than going through the stealer.
do a google search-replacement key fob 2021 ram 1500

lots of options

but if you do not have a ravelco you risk the fob being found by the wrong person and driving off with your truck

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are cheaper alternatives, with most being lower quality. You will still need to have it programmed, but any locksmith should be able to do it for cheap.

sep1006

Reaction score
Yeh I have a nephew who has a contact at the dealer that can get me one for just under $200. Probably going to just go that route and be safe. Have to take the truck in for the 30k service here shortly anyway.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm using a cheaper $40 eBay fob I bought to get the tailgate release button on fob. Had it programmed by local lock smith. Total price was still under the $200 you were quoted by dealer

CatServant

Reaction score
Once you find/replace it, put a Bluetooth tag on it. I use my AirPods Pro 2 case, which doubles as essentially an AirTag.

Jako

Reaction score
There are cheaper alternatives, with most being lower quality. You will still need to have it programmed, but any locksmith should be able to do it for cheap.
2 local locksmiths could not program an ebay FOB, needed to go to a car locksmith that specializes in car key FOBs.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
There are programmers you can buy to do it yourself. The one I bought was around $400, and now I’m told there is another one for about $200, but I have not used it yet to verify.

6of36

Reaction score
There are programmers you can buy to do it yourself. The one I bought was around $400, and now I’m told there is another one for about $200, but I have not used it yet to verify.
To program a Ram, or any other Stellantis product? I haven't heard of any that will, but there very well could be. They are different than pretty much any manufacturer.

Jako

Reaction score
Do you have a link to the programmer?

Users who are viewing this thread