5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long tube headers

Imaso001

Reaction score
Looking for insight from you all who have installed long tube headers into your rams. I installed the Mopar cat back system last year and the Ram airflow with my son a few weeks ago. I am looking into completing the mod with long tubes but have a couple questions.

1. Are LT headers compatible with the cat back system? (It was expensive so I want to keep it)

2. Will LT headers throw a code?

3. Is it worth it from a power gain perspective?

Thank you all!
64d15c8ea624f194de90c597bccd5f92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ouv

Reaction score
Yes I would say, make sure you have an unlocked pcm and a tuner and get a custom tune from any of the big tuner guys. Also make sure you have the y pipe with cats as well as o2 sensor extensions

Jack.

Reaction score
Looking for insight from you all who have installed long tube headers into your rams. I installed the Mopar cat back system last year and the Ram airflow with my son a few weeks ago. I am looking into completing the mod with long tubes but have a couple questions.

1. Are LT headers compatible with the cat back system? (It was expensive so I want to keep it)

2. Will LT headers throw a code?

3. Is it worth it from a power gain perspective?

Thank you all!
64d15c8ea624f194de90c597bccd5f92.jpg

Did u end up going with kooks ? and what model year is your ram? i heard their headers and etc dont work with 2021 model year

Imaso001

Reaction score
I have not added headers yet. Decided to purchase 34’s and a 2 inch lift next. My ram is a 2020

neckbone

Reaction score
i went with kooks 1 1/8 long tube with highflow cats and they will connect to factory or any other cat back system

Users who are viewing this thread